What would you tell yourself 2 days before surgery, if you could have?

bariBetty
on 4/29/18 6:05 pm
VSG on 05/02/17

Hi all!

I am scheduled for a VSG on Weds, 5/2/18. I'm excited and anxious. I'm afraid of the unknown and moments where I don't know what to expect or may feel out of control, like before the surgery, while I wait, waking up from anesthesia, staying overnight, etc.

i know this is what I want and I'm trying to stay excited rather than scared, but I am. Surgery is scary!

What would you you tell yourself before surgery, if you could go back in time?

THANKS!

CC C.
on 4/29/18 6:41 pm

That it'll all be okay. It was my first surgery and first time in a hospital, so I was super nervous. But It wasn't bad at all. Good luck!!

sampeck
on 4/29/18 8:03 pm
VSG on 05/22/17

Just keep focused on how this short period of discomfort is going to change your life.

mmsmom
on 4/30/18 4:10 am - Woburn, MA

The anticipation of most things is worse than the actual event - I found this to be true with surgery recovery, potty training children, etc. lol

VSG on 04/28/2014

theAntiChick
on 4/30/18 10:41 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I would tell myself not to pack all the crap I thought I'd need. LOL.

I'd had surgery before (several times) and am a nurse so I wasn't nervous about the surgery or post-op. But I WAY overpacked. :)

For you, my advice is to take a deep breath and trust your team. They know what they're doing. :)

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/1/18 4:54 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I would tell myself to stay calm, you're doing this to save your life. I'd also tell myself to look into therapy & support groups.

It's ok to be scared, totally normal. Good luck & wish you the best & speedy recovery.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Valerie G.
on 5/2/18 1:54 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

"What the heck are you thinking? You don't need to bring all of that crap to the hospital!"

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PCBR
on 5/5/18 9:28 pm

So, how did it go? I know what you mean about being out of control. Weirdly, I'm not scared of procedures, but I hate the feeling of knowing I'm out of it and being rolled around, etc by others. I'm glad you posted this. My surgery is a month away.

Most Active
Recent Topics