Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday, April 29, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/29/18 5:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is sunny here right now, but it is supposed to rain this afternoon. I need to get myself in gear and take a walk while it is nice out.

QOTD: What scared you most when you were pre-op and how did you get over that fear (or what scares you most now if you are pre-op)? For me, it was whether I would be able to maintain any better than I could in the past. I had gotten to goal in the past after several diets, but always immediately began regaining. I got over that fear and went ahead with the surgery after much reading on OH and even asking the question here. I have been able to maintain for 17 months now. I think that is a combination of my VSG keeping me to small portions at meals, eating satisfying/filling meals (many of which I found on OH menu threads), getting support every day (even Sunday), and staying as accountable as I possibly can (tracking, daily weighing, posting on OH, etc.).

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

Repeat of yesterday because it worked well:

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Marinated pork tenderloin

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Erin T.
on 4/29/18 6:31 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I haven't participated on this menu in a while (I've been participating on a sub-group) but I figured I'd jump in today. We just got back from a short run, the trail turned out to be far shorter than I planned. I might go run another loop later, we'll see.

QOTD: Honest answer? I was afraid I'd never get to eat "good" foods again. I don't have that fear anymore, as I'm pretty damn content with my way of eating and now that I'm in maintenance I don't regret the (truly****asional indulgence.

15 months post-op/Maintenance/125.9lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Cheese, Avocado, Sour Cream

M3: Hard Salami w/ Cream Cheese, Pickled Asparagus

M4: Pulled Pork w/ Veggies

M5: Creamcheese Fat Bomb

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 4/29/18 10:19 am

Nice to see you on this thread, Erin!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/29/18 11:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice to see you here Erin! I'm glad you mentioned the "good food" fear. My DD has that fear (along with others).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

ShirlAus
on 4/29/18 1:40 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Nice to see you Erin

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/18 7:00 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all. It's Sunday and supposed to be a beautiful day today. I don't know what I'll do today, since I will work tomorrow, but I know I'm going to go to the gym. Despite the beautiful day, I'm feeling a bit down. I had a date yesterday and I'm an anxious person who likes quick feed back, (like a text message). None yet, so already my head is jumping to the worst conclusions that for me it went great, but for them it was horrible. It makes eating hard. Not that I want to eat everything in sight, but mostly I just don't want to eat anything at all and go back to bed. Think I will go to the gym and take my mind off of it, or maybe a walk outside. I haven't decided!

Breakfast - Cottage cheese on Nature's Wheat + Protein bread, toasted

Lunch - Chicken breast tenderloins with a bit of chobani plain as dipping sauce

Dinner - Deli roast beef and string cheese

Snacks - Quest peanut butter prot shake, rest of the serving of chobani yogurt, pb2

Totals - 612 calories, 35 carbs, 96g protein

Kristi T.
on 4/29/18 10:13 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I would be anxious as well, but getting out of your own head and going to the gym is a great idea. I think the fact that you went on the date in the first place is amazing, and, YOU had a great time! I am 51 and the idea of a post VSG date terrifies me:-)

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/18 4:44 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you! I feel better as the day went on. I had a good work out, and then went and picked out flowers for my garden, so really it was a good day other than the wind making me look like I rolled in out of a tornado! I've been on a few dates since surgery, it doesn't get less scary the more I go on haha

CC C.
on 4/29/18 10:22 am

I agree with Kristi and focusing on the fact that you had a good time. Very brave, Mersh!

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/18 4:44 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you! I'm glad I went even though I felt anxious. The day turned out great despite feeling that way

Most Active
Recent Topics