Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, April 28, 2018

Jess Says Yes
on 4/28/18 6:33 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Welcome to the weekend friends! I hope you're all doing well today. I've got a pretty chill family day ahead of me.

QOTD: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you end up doing that job or something else? (I'll answer in comments)

B - Coffee & Protein shake

L - triple zero yogurt and almonds

d - cheeseburger w/o the bun

s - baby carrots

E - yoga

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Jess Says Yes
on 4/28/18 6:39 am
VSG on 10/24/17

QOTD: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you end up doing that job or something else?

When I was in elementary school I wanted to be a marine biologist or a zoologist. I loved animals, especially whales & elephants and thought it would be very cool to work with them! (The funny thing is since I've had kids we've never even had pets. For some reason having pets causes me a ton of anxiety!) Around junior high I had a change of heart and realized I wanted to be a counselor and that's what I (eventually) became.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

AnnieG522
on 4/28/18 6:45 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you end up doing that job or something else?

1: Canadian bacon, 1/4 homemade waffle

2: Premier Protein shake in coffee

3: 1 TB PB (low blood sugar)

4: TBD

5: 1/4 Arby's Gyro, sans bread

6: Oikos Tripe Zero

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 4/28/18 6:46 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Oops QOTD: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you end up doing that job or something else? I wanted to be a rodeo clown. Seriously.. But women didn't do that. I was pre-med for a very long time, switched to theater w/costume design; ended up being a mental health professional. Lots of unpaved roads traveled, lol

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/18 8:28 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Happy Saturday! It's a little chilly this morning, but that didn't stop me from going out and putting together my raised flower bed right in front of the bay window in my room. I am going to buy the soil today and pick out the flowers I want to fill it with. I'm thinking of doing color coordinated themes. Maybe Purple and yellow flowers.

I'm really pretty sore! Not from the gym yesterday so much, but my grandmother was given an old travel van. One of those awesome ones with the tv's, beds, etc. Well the man who gave it to her had build up a bunch of strange things in it that we had to remove. They were bolted all the way through to the underside of the van!! I got down on the ground underneath it to work on all those dang bolts. At first I was thinking "I can't believe I have to crawl around under this vehicle." Then I thought. "Oh dang, I CAN get underneath this AND can get down on the ground to work without a panic attack of how I'm getting up off the ground." It was so fun! Up until I remembered I was still getting filthy on the ground.

QOTD: I really wanted to be an artist of some kind, all the way up until graduating high school. I've always loved art in all forms. Painting, graphic design, photography, poetry. I really loved painting though and wanted to go to the Kansas City Art Institute so badly. They don't take a ton of students, and their tuition is through the roof. I didn't get in. Then I didn't know what to do, so went to community college for a bit until depression and anxiety took me out. I've started my life very late compared to my peers, but I don't regret it. I really feel like if I would have pushed on in misery, I might have really done something negative to myself very early on. I needed help. Took me forever to figure that out, but I did and I got it and couldn't be happier. Now my career goals are so different! I'll be starting school in the fall full time for nursing. Of course I have my pre-reqs to get out of the way, but no biggie!

B - Nature's Own Wheat + Protein bread toasted with whipped Greek cream cheese and an egg on top

L - Chicken tenderloins with some chobani plain mixed with Sriracha as a dip

D - Half a tortilla with seasoned steak strips from tyson (tyson makes my tired, busy life so easy. Though, when I switch jobs I'm looking forward to having more time to cook regularly again.) with a bit of cooked onion.

S - Protein shake, part of it as creamer, powdered peanut butter (still craving peanut butter, geeze Louise. Though a serving of the powdered peanut butter is really hitting the spot.)

E - Gardening, then going to do my legs at the gym since upper body was yesterday.

Totals - 747 calories, 38 carbs, 103g protein

CC C.
on 4/28/18 9:18 am

Hi all! Today I'm having closet inserts installed (only took me 13 years to get around to it!) and spring cleaning to make piles for Salvation Army who is coming for a pick up in a week.

QOTD: I never had strong feelings about what I wanted to be when I grew up. For a time I wanted to be a florist or an interior designer. Now I just do that stuff for fun. I ended up working for a mutual fund company managing business analysts and IT projects.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - egg, turkey sausage sandwich, apple

D - real good pizza

S - protein shake, cheese, salami, triscuit thins

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/18 9:31 am, edited 4/28/18 2:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy weekend. The sun is out this afternoon and Justice and I are sitting on the deck enjoying it!

QOTD: I wanted to be a doctor for a long time, but then I became afraid of hospitals for a while. I'm still intrigued by medical issues and do a lot of research when someone has something. Sometimes Doctors/Nurses think I am in the medical field because I know some of the terminology. Oh - forgot this part -I ended up as an insurance company executive (commercial property). How far away could it be?

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Marinated pork tenderloin

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 4/28/18 10:50 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning, looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend. It almost reached 80 degrees yesterday! I was very overdressed on my hike. Everyone else was in shorts and tank tops, there I am in long black jogging pants, black thermal and a flannel shirt. What was I thinking? Had to stop early and go home, way too hot:-) I will do better today.

QOTD-I always wanted to be a Forest Ranger, even majored in Forestry my first year of college. Life ends up taking different direction, ended up in Nursing School and became an R.N. Out of the woods and into the hospital.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Plain full fat Greek Yogurt w/blue berries and 1oz chopped walnuts

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia, turkey jerky

D-tbd(need groceries badly!)

E-Will try an appropriately dressed hike today with Emmy

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

mmsmom
on 4/29/18 4:57 am - Woburn, MA

QOTD: This was fun! I always wanted to be a news reporter. The first week of college the professor told us - forget it - only a few actually make it to the field, you have to start out broadcasting to 6 people and work your way up from there. I was completely deflated and changed to "communications." Now I work as a paralegal - how did that happen haha.

B: kashi and yogurt

L: fried wonton

D: salmon, tomato/mozz

E: alot of steps - clearing my entire first floor preparing for floor sanding

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics