Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, April 27, 2018

Jess Says Yes
on 4/27/18 8:12 am, edited 4/27/18 8:39 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning everyone! My mom & I had a great time at Rent last night! I'll have the soundtrack in my head for the next month. I am working from home today, which so far means I have accomplished nothing lol. Rylan has a late baseball game tonight. I am not a fan of those since it keeps him and Nyah up past their bedtimes, but at least we only have a couple left in the season. How are you guys doing today?

QOTD: Tell us about your best friend (or one of them). How did you meet, how long have you known each other, what is it about them that you love? (I will answer in the comments)

B - Protein shake

L - triple zero yogurt and almonds

D - chicken with cheese and bacon crumbles, Brussels sprouts

E - Cleaning my house

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Jess Says Yes
on 4/27/18 8:19 am
VSG on 10/24/17

QOTD: Tell us about your best friend (or one of them). How did you meet, how long have you known each other, what is it about them that you love?

Honestly my very best friends are my husband and my brothers and sisters, but the person who came to mind when I wrote this question is my friend Juliea. We met in grad school at our clinical field placement and we hit it off immediately. This was a big deal for me because I hate small talk and can be a bit stilted around people I don't know. She is absolutely hilarious and incredibly genuine. We joked that we were friend soul mates. She's very fit and a bit of a gym rat, but never made me feel bad even at my highest weight and has been super supportive since my surgery.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/18 9:45 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Is a beautiful day here, so have been out doing little things I've been putting off. Got a replacement of my BLS card, washed my car, got my eyebrows waxed, headed to the gym, and picked up some peanutbutter protein powder packets from the store.

QOTD: I will be seeing my best friend in a couple of hours! We go once or twice a week to McDonald's, get a large unsweetened tea and go to the lake across the road from it and watch the geese and ducks and occasionally a crane and just talk! My best friend is actually quite a lot older than me at.. 65 I think? She's a family friend, but we're super close. She is so supportive of all my choices and is always a bastion of kindness and good advice. I've known her all my life and she was actually one of my teacher's as well while in middle school!

Breakfast- Tried something new, 2 eggs scrambled with laughing cow smoked gouda cheese. Hated it.

Lunch- Homemade chicken salad sandwich

Dinner- Seared steak on baby spinach with fat free dressing

Snack- Bananas and Cream quest drink, a couple oz of premier for coffee creamer, powdered peanut butter (I have been craving peanut butter like nothing else, I have no idea why all of a sudden, but gotta love powdered peanut butter!)

Exercise, stair machine for cardio and upper body weights for strength

Totals: 739 calories, 30g carbs, 105g protein.

Kristi T.
on 4/27/18 9:54 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Jess and VSG menu friends! Another beautiful day today, low 70's and not a cloud in the sky. I broke in my very first pair of running shoes yesterday. On my walks I run for 2 minutes, walk for 5 minutes and what a difference they made! They didn't even hurt my crippled toes:-)

QOTD-My mother and uncle first came to mind. I haven't had a best friend since nursing school days. I do not keep in contact with any friends from the past. Every once and awhile I will look in on what they are doing on Facebook. My friend Mercy comes pretty close to a best friend. She is 87 years old, stubborn, confident, non-judgmental and extremely spiritual. We are going on a silent retreat at the end of the summer together. Like you Jess, I do not like small talk and am a little leery around new people. Mercy has always listened to me and has always been on my side.

B-Bullet coffee and 2 protein waffles(eggs, ricotta cheese, vanilla protein powder)

L-PP shake

S-chai tea, turkey jerky

D-tbd

E-Walk with Emmy, upper arm strengthening

Have a wonderful Friday!

yvonnef1964
on 4/27/18 10:59 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I have an abscess tooth so currently on antibiotics. My birthday is on Sunday. My brother is taking me to a concert Saturday night. Not sure what I'm doing for my birthday except church and a potluck at church.

Qotd My best friend is Robin, we've been friends for 50 years. We were neighbors for many years but we both moved a few miles apart but still stayed in contact. Then she moved away but came back a few years ago and resume where we left off.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and mini bagel with cream cheese

not sure for the rest of the day

Jess Says Yes
on 4/27/18 7:15 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

I hope you have a happy birthday!

Jess

CC C.
on 4/27/18 8:01 pm

Happy early birthday, Yvonne! Hope that tooth feels better by then!

CC C.
on 4/27/18 8:04 pm

Alright, guys. It's time to get serious about posting my meals here and sticking to it. I've been overeating lately. Anxiety related with my upcoming surgery, I think. But I want to go into that feeling in control again. So tomorrow, I'll post earlier!

QOTD: My best friend is Bill. We met at work in 1995 and have been best friends ever since. We can talk for hours about nothing and laugh like crazy. We often talk about how we'll live together when we're 90 and share a home nurse...

Most Active
Recent Topics