Newbie Here

venusmedic5801
on 5/1/18 9:32 am - North Bangor, NY
VSG on 05/15/18

Hi Nebby,

i am new here too. My surgery date is 5/15/18. Is your significant other having or had surgery? My husband did in 2011 and has since gained all his weight back. Just sounds like something we connect with. I'm here if you want to talk.

Angela

NeedsSleep
on 5/2/18 10:26 am - IL
VSG on 09/20/12

The friend who talked me into this lost like 250 lbs and gained ALL of it back. I'm about 20 lbs higher than my lowest weight but that was too low.

Good luck to BOTH of you. We're all here for you!

HW: 292 - SW: 237 - GW: 165

(the first 55 lbs. was from Weight Watchers, over 2 years)

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/26/18 1:51 pm
For me, the liquid diet was the hardest part of the pre-op phase... but it's a necessary one for more than just dropping weight. Given that the first phase post-op is also all liquids, this phase is crucial to get through because there is no option to "slip" when you're doing it post-op if you don't want to wind up back on the operating table.

It's hard, no question, but you can do it. Just think of it as a practice run for the main event and stick to it as if it were.

Good luck!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

SNCplus2
on 4/27/18 5:53 am
VSG on 05/07/18

Hi Nebby. I am on day 2 of my liquid diet, so not speaking from much experience. However, my nurse's advice was to make sure to drink protein drinks that include more carbs than one might when using protein shakes more as a food supplement. My clinic recommended Slimfast, which has 6g carbs (1 net gram) per serving. I bought one with caffeine by accident that I won't drink, but the Advanced Nutrition Creamy Chocolate is quite good and I was not particularly hungry yesterday at 800 calories. Of course, many people have told me day 3 is the worst, so I may feel differently tomorrow. :)

VSG 5/7/2018

Height: 5ft 7in; HW: 254; SW: 219; original goal: 150; maintenance goal: 135-140; CW: 138

Most Active
Recent Topics