Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Saturday, 4/21/2018

Gwen M.
on 4/21/18 4:36 am, edited 4/21/18 4:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Saturday! I spent yesterday at a conference and then working on my group project, so I wasn't around much. This morning I'm up earlier than I'd like to be since I'm going to a local 5k Walk/Run that's a fundraiser for my local Hospice. I'm walking it with two of my bereavement group friends and Lance is running it. After a brief trip back home, he and I will head out to see Rampage.

QOTD: What's the best way to start the day? (I'll answer in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: leftover lamb stew (I put 1/2 of the leftovers in the freezer, but we came home with two 12-cup containers, so there's still a bit!)
3: roasted pork tenderloin; creamy parmesan orzo for the guys (Lance made sad noises about missing orzo last weekend, so I figured I'd make their favorite orzo dish for them)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: 5k walk!

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 4/21/18 4:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: Showering. Always a lovely shower. I love showers. But I didn't get to shower this morning, so here's something else amazing. I normally wear skirts, so it's not an experience I have often. Today, however, I'm wearing jeans since I'm doing this walk, I don't want to wear exercise tights, and it's cold outside. I optimistically grabbed my smallest pair, which are a size 4, and realized as I was putting them on that they were really stiff since they're the brand new I just got to prepare for my upcoming trip. I figured that there was no way they'd fit since they're a size 4 and brand new. But they fit perfectly. o_O It's an awesome and strange feeling.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lbalaw2
on 4/21/18 5:44 am
VSG on 09/19/17

QOTD: For me it is drinking coffee on the deck in the sunshine. (Still waiting for the sunshine today)

B- egg,cheese, turkey omlet

L- tuna pouch with mayo and chopped pickle slice

D- leftover chicken stir-fry /2 Tlbs brown rice

S- Oikos triple peanut butter banana flavor

Ladyblu
on 4/21/18 5:58 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Lots of stress lately. I'm handling it well though. Also been very strict on my eating and logging so I'm losing again. This is definitely not a non-stop flight, it is more of a walking journey down an old horse path filled with twists and turns.

Its raining today, so no outside stuff for me. I'll pick up my nephews and we'll have a game day.

QOTD: For me, starting the day begins with taking my bp and blood sugar, having a cup of coffee and going over the plan or making a plan for the day. Without these 4 items, my day always seems a little off.

Meal 1: Coffee, PP protein shake

Meal 2: Lamb, meat only

Meal 3: LO pork or sous vide chicken, depending on my mood

Meal 4: Red curry with shrimp and veggies. Tofu for my vegetarian nephew. Rice for everyone but me.

Snack: 2 cups of tea with stevia. Protein drink or jerky if needed.

Water and Vits: On track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/21/18 6:08 am, edited 4/20/18 11:09 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Saturday! Congratulations on those size 4 jeans!

I have my class reunion tonight (the main reason we came back from Florida this early), then will be walking with Justice on the beach tomorrow. I'm still getting my house in order along the way, but it is in pretty good shape on the main levels now (we aren't going to talk about the lower level where DS resides...).

QOTD: Coffee!! Two cups before I go out to walk or do whatever I plan on the morning (including breakfast). If it is warm out, I have it on the deck but otherwise in my sunroom on Cape Cod, or our sunny den in Florida.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna with pickles and cottage cheese

D & S: No idea - will be at the class reunion

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Ajeffries
on 4/21/18 8:01 am
VSG on 01/27/16

It's my son's 10th birthday today. We are going to the trampoline park and jumping for several hours and then going for pizza.

QOTD - Best way to start the day, a few minutes with a cup of sugar free kool-aid and some peace and quiet to contemplate the day.

B - 4 slices bacon and premier protein

L - 2 eggs , spinach, and cheese

D - cheese and pepperoni, salad, ranch dressing

S- premier protein

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/18 9:18 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! Sitting on break and so tired. I was here nearly two hours after my shift ended because they did not have anyone. They used to give monetary incentives for people to stay but they decided to stop that for budgeting reasons so there's no reason for anyone to stay when asked. I did to help the one and only aid they had for the whole night for 40 people with behaviors.

Inhave started trying to retrain my taste buds and cut out artificial sugar. I use it as a crutch too much and I want to cut back and eliminate that fake sweetness. Only thing I will keep are my SF drink syrups for my chobani from time to time. That and real sweetness from fruit if I have some!

QOTD: Breakfast! I'm not hungry when I wake up, but I like making breakfast and sitting down and watching the news in the morning.

Breakfast- Nature's Own wheat plus protein bread with whipped Greek cream cheese and an egg

Lunch- Tuna salad

Dinner- Just a premier protein most likely am really tired

snacks- chobani with pb2

Kristi T.
on 4/21/18 11:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning, congratulations on the jeans Gwen! Such a good feeling!

Not a whole lot planned today, maybe some housework and clean up a little outside for a few hours. We had a rare treat yesterday of full sun and 64 degrees. Not so much today:-)

QOTD-Coffee, heating pad and switching between the news and QVC. When it gets warmer I will start having coffee outside on the deck.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Chia, flax, quinoa and walnut cereal

S-Chai tea

D-Tbd

E-Short hike with my dog

Have a good day!

Most Active
Recent Topics