I am back

nursebonnie
on 4/9/18 8:51 am
VSG on 08/19/14

I am ashamed to say I have had a twenty pound regain. I know why. I know how to get going. (thanks Gwen) and I just had a total knee replacement in January, so I am motivated.

I will come every day and try to support others as I know I will be supported by this forum.

I was retired( not entirely my idea) in August and had knee replacement in January, so think maybe a bit depressed or just down. I am normally a pretty happy person and don't think I need antidepressants, just spring, get back on track and make my new knee work without pain. I now losing any weight will help with that.

Thanks for listening.

Bonnie

nursebonnie
on 4/9/18 8:54 am
VSG on 08/19/14

Working on changes to my ticker.

nursebonnie
on 4/9/18 8:54 am
VSG on 08/19/14

Working on changes to my ticker.

Amy R.
on 4/9/18 10:06 am

Glad you came back. There's no shame in regain. In actuality it can simply provide a strong motivation to review and re-adjust our eating behaviors. You're very, very smart to address it at 20 pounds. Both of my regains were huge (40 and 50 pounds each) but I lost them both and then some, thanks in a large part to coming back here and staying this time.

You're in good shape if you got your advice from Gwen, especially if it was that awesome list she sometimes posts. Try to make logging on here a priority. It helps keep a lot of us focused on eating properly and it's always good to have others for support, education and feedback.

Good luck, I know you'll conquer that 20 pounds. And you'll also become a resource for others who struggle.

AnnieG522
on 4/9/18 2:41 pm
VSG on 10/05/17
On April 9, 2018 at 3:51 PM Pacific Time, nursebonnie wrote:

I am ashamed to say I have had a twenty pound regain. I know why. I know how to get going. (thanks Gwen) and I just had a total knee replacement in January, so I am motivated.

I will come every day and try to support others as I know I will be supported by this forum.

I was retired( not entirely my idea) in August and had knee replacement in January, so think maybe a bit depressed or just down. I am normally a pretty happy person and don't think I need antidepressants, just spring, get back on track and make my new knee work without pain. I now losing any weight will help with that.

Thanks for listening.

Bonnie

I'm so very sorry you're having a time of it. Life is tough sometimes, but this is such a lovely group and I'm sure you'll find lots of support. I'm only 6 months in, and know I have (I hope) a lot of years. I'll be turning 66 in May, and I was written out on disability about 5 years ago with one day notice. I was very ill. So yes, one does flounder a tiny bit figuring out what to do with oneself, and being housebound is so very hard.

You'll find your balance -- and things to do that you enjoy! Spring would be nice, should it ever get here this year!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

CC C.
on 4/9/18 2:59 pm

Welcome back, Bonnie!

Most Active
Recent Topics