Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 4/3/2018

Jess Says Yes
on 4/3/18 5:59 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Gilmore Girls is the best!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 4/3/18 10:20 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Glad you feel good enough to start running again Gwen!

Easter weekend with my Godparents was just okay. Their new 3 month old Vizsla(very high energy hunting dog) would not leave my dog Emmy alone all weekend. It was a nightmare made worse by the fact that the puppy doesn't know the word "no" yet:-) But we all survived. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

QOTD-I'm Kristi, I am 51 years old and live in the NW corner of Montana near Glacier Park. I worked for 20 years as a R.N. specializing in Orthopedics, then returned to college to earn my degree in Political Science. I had the VSG in February of 2016 and am 20 pounds from goal. I now work for the Chamber of Commerce(Visitor Info Center) on call and during the summer. Right now a lot of my time is filled caring for my mother. I still have lots of time to hike with my dog, play Mah Jong and Bunko and I write as often as I can.

B-Coconut yogurt w/grain free granola

L-Vanilla Protein shake w/PB2

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia

D-Homemade split pea and ham soup

E-Snowing now, will see how the day progresses:-)

Have a wonderful day!

CC C.
on 4/3/18 12:04 pm

I love reading about everyone!!

QOTD: I'm Cecily, 46, and had VSG on 2/22/17. I once weighed 338.4, but lost 170 pounds on my own before gaining back to 282.8 and realizing I needed help and pursued VSG. I'm down 118.4 since then and have been in maintenance since reaching my goal 11/9/17. My overall weight loss from my highest is 174 (today). I have a lower body lift, thigh lift, lipo, and fat transfer to my caboose scheduled in 34 days (eek!). My second surgery of an arm lift, breast lift, and augmentation will be sometime in the fall. I'm single and have a big, hairy golden retriever who is my baby. I currently am lucky enough not to work and split my time between southern CA and western MI. I worked for a mutual fund company for many years in all sorts of jobs, but lastly as a project manager. I love movies, hiking, cooking, entertaining, dog stuff, pilates, oil painting, knitting, and gardening and probably several other things I'm forgetting!

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - turkey sausage, cheese, egg white sandwich

D - mussels and veggies

S - ??

Jess Says Yes
on 4/3/18 6:04 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

I've loved reading about everybody too! What style do you paint in? I have zero artistic skill and really admire people who do.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

CC C.
on 4/3/18 7:03 pm

I'm only in my second painting course now, so I'm not very good, but it's all in the California Impressionism style. My favorite!

Jess Says Yes
on 4/4/18 11:40 am
VSG on 10/24/17

That's really cool! Love all the naturescapes in that style.

Jess

CC C.
on 4/4/18 2:51 pm

Me too! The landscapes are what I'm drawn to the most. Now if only my paintings looked more like my instructor's...

AnnieG522
on 4/4/18 2:20 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Gwen, thanks for the thread! It's nice to know a bit more about each of you. And I was going to pose a question, but looking at the "daily eats" I can see I am getting too many carbs, although calories are good.

QOTD: Introduce yourself! I'm Annie (Andrea, actually); I'm turning 66. Jim & I have 6 children between us (David, 52; Jason {mechanical engineer} 48; Gabriel {Theoretical Physicist} 42; Autumn (MA, DOJ, was a hostage negotiater in TX, now in NC as instructor, 40; Sara {AP HS English teacher} 36 & Jessica {Mortgage banking but in nursing school} 33. Gabriel is married, with a darling 6 year old boy (Samuel) and the best wife ever (JingJing, who is from Beijing). Jason was married, but she changed her mind; they have 2 children, Aaron (15) and Harper (12). David, Autumn and Sara will never had kids, although Sara has 2 step children and a 6'5" husband who lifts weight. Jessie has two girls, Marilyn (8) and Isabelle (6). And of course my DH, Jim, who will be 71 in October.

I'm from Washington State, Jim from upstate NY; we live in NC, about 40 minutes north of Charlotte. Four of the six kids are in NC, the other two on the west coast (WA & CA). We have 2 dogs (we always have 2 dogs of some kind), but these little fellers are Reilly Coyote, a bichon & Sean Michael, a mini doxie.

I'm retired (mental health professional); Jim is a retired electrical engineer. We stay busy with volunteer work, church, friends, family, home projects (aagh), and I crochet & do genealogy (for the last 35 years).

I've had beaucoup health problems. Five separate types of cancers (genetic/hereditary), radiations, chemos, 2 strokes from chemos; benign brain tumor w/surgery; 5 stents then triple CABG that failed, and hereditary alopecia, which the weight loss kicked into high gear.

But blessed! I am so fortunate to have amazing family, good relationships with kids, a loving & randomly funny husband, a great church family, a group of women I meet with who are supportive and full of fun.

And all of you! Life is amazing. My 7 "ologists" are astonished at what the VSG has done.

Now to address the carb thingy....

B: Protein shake

L: Turkey, cottage cheese

D: Haven't got a clue but do have a frig of healthy eats

S: Probably almonds

Coffee & crystal light

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

CC C.
on 4/4/18 2:54 pm

Oh my goodness, Annie, you've been through a lot!!

Most Active
Recent Topics