Whatcha Eating Today VSGers, Friday, March 30 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/30/18 4:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Good Friday if you celebrate it, but I hope it is a good day for you all regardless. We are doing some shopping, prepping and cleaning in preparation for DD's arrival Sunday and for hosting Easter dinner with friends later in the day.

QOTD: Speaking of cleaning: You have company arriving in an hour or two who you had not planned for and you need to clean up your house. What do you do? Our place is never terrible thank goodness, but sometimes it is overdue for a thorough cleaning and de-cluttering. First, the guest toilet and bathroom counter/sink are cleaned (floor should be okay to skip and obviously no need to do the shower). Dusting on dark tabletops occurs (where you can see it). De-cluttering may involve throwing stuff in boxes and in the closet if there is a lot. Dirty kitchen dishes go in the dishwasher and dirty pans in the oven (we will assume there is no meal prep involved, since this company is unexpected - if they want food, we will go out to eat). Kitchen counters wiped down. Hair brushed, makeup applied, clothes changed. Knock, knock, knock...

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Tapas at a rooftop restaurant on the harbor

S: Yogurt with strawberries and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/18 5:12 am, edited 3/30/18 1:49 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! I am off to an early start this morning. My back is feeling better, so feel like doing more. I need to take my car and vacuum it and wash the touch screen up. Since the weather has been so cold, I've been putting it off. Time to get it done! This weekend will be much more eating out than I like, but I will be spending the weekend with a friend. We are going to see some shows/musicals in downtown KC as well as do some silly things like make a trip to the zoo.

QOTD: First things first, start my laundry. I'm so behind on laundry at all times, so it's time to toss it in to the washer. I also am hoping to wash a new scrub top on hot and dry it on hot and hope it shrinks. I love the cut, but it's TOO big. I'm hoping to take some size out of it through a wash and dry cycle since they won't let me return it :(. Then it's time to de-clutter a bit, go through old mail and shred most of it since it's all junk anyway, a quick dusting, vacuum, and change the wax melts in my warmer.

Today is a blah day for eating. I just don't want much, and since I'm heading out around 3 with my friend I only planned breakfast and morning snack. So the rest is tbd.

Breakfast - Just enough coffee to support an entire PP shake.

Mid-morning snack - Trying something slightly different. Half of a chobani plain yogurt cup mixed with salsa and some of my crinkle cut carrots. We'll see how this experiment goes. (Edit: This was a horrible idea. It tasted horrible and I feel horrible for betraying my Chobani and PB2 combo.)

Lunch - TBD

Afternoon Snack - probably not one today

Dinner - TBD

Got my vitamins in their little case so I can take them through out the day. Thanks Gwen for letting me know how in the dark I was about them! I'm glad to be putting the right amounts in me finally, maybe my energy will pick up.

Gwen M.
on 3/30/18 6:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Today I'm going to Awesome Con in the city! I'm cosplaying as Runner 5. Can't wait to get my geek on and do some shopping. My main goal while there is to get fitted for a corset dress I want. I got fitted some years ago, but I was still around 180lb then. So I'm down about 30 and have had lots of reconstructive surgeries too. I'll only buy a dress if they have fabric I like, otherwise it'll be good to know my size so I can order online later. I'm really looking forward to a break from school work! (Since I'm at a place with the week's work where I feel I can afford a break, which is really the best part.)

QOTD: Thanks to a fortnightly cleaning service, the house is never very bad, but it gets cluttered. So before guests come, there's a scramble to declutter the dining room table, the bathroom counter, and the coffee table in the living room. Not too bad :)

1: protein shake
2: unsure - I'll have a protein bar in my pack
3: Mediterranean lamb salad

liquid and vites: on track!
exercise: lots of walking at the Con.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

yvonnef1964
on 3/30/18 7:33 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd pick up the living room, clean the bathroom if needed.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D chicken and green beans

Have a wonderful day

Jess Says Yes
on 3/30/18 7:42 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Friday!! I've got to run to the prison to take care of some administrative stuff and then I will be shopping and cleaning to prepare to host Easter. All the nieces and nephews are coming and there will be a big egg hunt :)

QOTD: Lock the door! Just kidding, but my house definitely gets pretty cluttered. I would need to sweep the sunroom - our yard is an acre of pine straw and it always finds its way in. Then do the dishes, and clear the surfaces, and Liz I'm going to steal that idea and toss some of it in a box in the closet haha. I used to be a TERRIBLE house keeper, but I've gotten better since reading 100 Cleaning blogs and moving to a house with storage space.

B Coffee with pp

L - Protein shake

D - leftover shrimp ceviche on a tortilla - it was so good last night!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 3/30/18 10:17 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Happy Good Friday!

I've been off the menu board for a few weeks, needed to take a break from anything online. Checked in on everyone a few days ago. Took some time to see my therapist a little more often, a lot of hiking and meditation. I feel much better and a little more centered. I don't know if anyone noticed I was gone, but I did miss checking in with you all and seeing how you all are.

Getting ready to spend Easter weekend with my Godparents in Idaho, will leave in a few hours. They live on top of a mountain with no neighbors in sight, the town is about the size of my neighborhood!:-)

QOTD-Probably a quick vacuuming, clean the bathroom and guest room if needed. The house is usually organized and somewhat clean. I would definitely open up the house and air it out and light a few candles.

B-Cashew/coconut Quest bar

L-4 small cream cheese egg bites, made these at the beginning of the week with a little cinnamon and stevia. They have kept well in the fridge.

S-Probably get an Americano with cream on the road

D-I am bringing a Papa Murphy's Pizza(their favorite), will eat the toppings

E-Evening walk with Emmy and their new puppy(2months old)

Have a lovely Easter weekend, be safe and well!

CC C.
on 3/30/18 11:50 am

You were missed!

Kristi T.
on 3/31/18 10:15 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Thank you Cecily!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/31/18 3:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good to see you back!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 4/1/18 10:59 pm - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Liz, thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics