Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Thursday, 3/29/2018

Gwen M.
on 3/29/18 5:11 am, edited 3/29/18 5:15 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning all and happy Thursday! Today is full of adventure here - I get my nickel patch test thing removed, I might be able to make time for a lunch out with Art, then I've got my LAST shoulder physical therapy at the place I really don't like (will be changing to the place I do like), and the Sonos components I ordered for my birthday present to myself arrive today. Woo! Plus.. school work.

I just remembered I forgot to answer yesterday's QOTD, so I'll do that in a moment.

QOTD: If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? (I'll answer in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: chicken thigh or something out, maybe Indian food.
3: roast pork leftovers

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: shoulder physical therapy, home PT exercises

How about you? Is March going to be out like a lamb?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 3/29/18 5:31 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Thursday. It's not freezing and the sun is shining - that's a good day in my book. Also my last day this week in the office and the contractor is coming by today to get permits signed. Woo hoo.

B: 1/2 cinn raisin bagel, peanut butter and banana

L: going out with my boss!

D: going out with 2 sisters who lived next door to me from birth to adult

E: short walk

QOTD: Interesting question - at this point in life I don't think I would pick the same job as I would have at other points in life. But I think I would work the front desk of a hotel. I love interacting with people and I would love the travel benefits given by hotel chains. Then I would spend all my free time traveling on the cheap - when my son worked at the hilton, we could get 2 rooms for a total of $29 a night. My daughter went to cabos and saved about $400 a night on a suite. It was amazing. I can't convince him to go back tho, haha.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/29/18 6:26 am, edited 3/28/18 11:26 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am back in warm Florida for 3 weeks, which seems so short now. DD arrives this weekend for a week and we are going to finalize Justice's adoption next week. I also need to figure out what I have to do to fly home with him (in the cabin). I think I need a health certificate from a vet. I don't know if I can get that from the shelter's vet or have to see someone else here before I go home. I was planning on seeing our vet there immediately anyway.

QOTD: Interesting question... I think that my feelings about this would change over time. I would have liked to have a job where I didn't work during the summer, so maybe teaching? If so, it would probably have to be at college level as I don't have a ton of patience. But I'm not sure I would be a good teacher (never really did that). So I just read mmsmom's answer: A travel agent would be good so I could travel as part of my job!

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Fish or leftover chicken and veggies

S: Yogurt with strawberries and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/18 6:42 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. A later start for me today, I decided to sleep in a bit more than usual. My back and neck both are not feeling so great, but I think I slept crazily in the night.

QOTD: That's a hard one. I think I would be a kindergarten teacher.

Breakfast: Nature's Own Wheat + Protein bread, Whipped, Greek cream cheese.

Coffee with PP as creamer

Mid morning snack: Chobani plain with PB2

Lunch: Shredded chicken with salsa verde

Afternoon snack: Smoked turkey and babybel mini light

Dinner: Shredded chicken and scrambled egg

Totals: 740 cal, 27 carbs, 103g protein

Doing well on the new bariatric vitamins and getting lots of water. Probably won't do much in terms of working out today though since my back is being a brat.

Gwen M.
on 3/29/18 7:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I keep going to medical provider appointments and getting asked for advice for the provider's other patients who are planning to have, or who have had, weight loss surgery. So I think I'd want to be a "bariatric advisor" to medical professionals... and actually get paid for it :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jess Says Yes
on 3/29/18 8:31 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Thursday gang! Just finished my morning session. I have some afternoon meetings and then it's off to get the kids for baseball practice.

QOTD: Is it too smug to say I would still choose to do exactly what I do? I've known I wanted to be a counselor forever and I find my work with people who are incarcerated to be incredibly fulfilling (although often heart wrenching) and I think I'm pretty good at it. :)

B - Protein shake

l - Protein shake (for some reason most meat is grossing me out right now, so I'm taking a short cut while I figure out a new lunch option)

d - shrimp ceviche on a toasted tortilla

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

IamevilHomer
on 3/29/18 11:08 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Good afternoon!

Enjoying a day off, running errands and getting stuff done! Plus we are finally enjoying some much needed Spring-like weather. Considering last Wednesday we had 6 inches of snow today's 65 degrees feels wonderful.

QOTD- I do still think I would work the same job, I'm lucky that I love my job, it's fulfilling and challenging but I would work fewer days and hours I believe.

B-Protein shake and coffee with sugar free creamer

S- tall fat-free flat white from Starbucks

L- 2 Mediterranean chicken skewers

D- Salmon with pesto

Hope everyone else is enjoying their day as the weekend approaches!

yvonnef1964
on 3/29/18 12:07 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I slept in this morning and my friend only called once and didn't show up at my apartment. Then I putter around before I had breakfast then I exercised.

Qotd I would love to work in a drs office as a medical assistant.

B egg mcmuffin and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D pork chop and corn

Have a good day

Kjnelson
on 3/29/18 1:43 pm - AK
VSG on 10/11/17

Hi, I am fairly new here. Don't talk much but thought I would try and be a part of this daily routine.

i have a busy life working two jobs. I started my weight loss journey to get healthier to help combat my cancer and live a better life.

B- Premier Protein drink

L- 3 ounces of baked boneless skinless chicken breast. Half a serving of leftover KFC baked beans

D- scrambled eggs with diced ham.

S- small pink lady apple, protein drink

liquids are always a chore. I manage a minimum of 32 ounces. I know it should be more.

HW: 285. SW: 269. CW: 225

VSG on 10/11/2017

Not going to quit on myself.

Most Active
Recent Topics