Advice about minor gain 5 months out

avee23
on 3/28/18 6:13 pm
VSG on 11/08/17

I over did the snacking for my birthday over the past weekend. I ended up putting on 2lbs, which I know is minor. The issue is, three days later and the scale hasn't moved. I've been exercising and eating what I should be. Also getting in more than my fair share of water trying to flu**** out, but I'm concerned because usually my weight goes up and down - tho it ultimately goes back down. Since I was bad with tortilla chips and cake, I think that's why I'm extra nervous about what I did. Guilty and being punished lol. I also noticed that I've been hungrier lately and can eat more than 4oz which is what I've been at. I still measure out 4 oz to keep myself on track. Im about 5 months out and have no clue if I should change something up or if all of this is normal or if I'm doing things right. I feel so stupid for worrying about 2 lbs, but it won't go away! Especially since I was down to my lowest.

hollykim
on 3/28/18 6:32 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 29, 2018 at 1:13 AM Pacific Time, avee23 wrote:

I over did the snacking for my birthday over the past weekend. I ended up putting on 2lbs, which I know is minor. The issue is, three days later and the scale hasn't moved. I've been exercising and eating what I should be. Also getting in more than my fair share of water trying to flu**** out, but I'm concerned because usually my weight goes up and down - tho it ultimately goes back down. Since I was bad with tortilla chips and cake, I think that's why I'm extra nervous about what I did. Guilty and being punished lol. I also noticed that I've been hungrier lately and can eat more than 4oz which is what I've been at. I still measure out 4 oz to keep myself on track. Im about 5 months out and have no clue if I should change something up or if all of this is normal or if I'm doing things right. I feel so stupid for worrying about 2 lbs, but it won't go away! Especially since I was down to my lowest.

when we eat carbs like cake and chips, our bodies have to store a certain amount of water to process the carbs.

after the processing is done, the body releases the " water weight" and the scale goes back down provided we don't eat more carbs.

this process can take a week or more, depending on how much carbs were eaten.

avee23
on 3/28/18 6:44 pm
VSG on 11/08/17

Thanks for responding! I'll keep at it and try to stay off of the scale for a week

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/29/18 11:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

At 5 months out, your weight loss will slow. You will not lose as quickly as you did in the first few months; this is completely normal.

Most of us can eat more than 4oz of something that's carby or a "slider food." Our sleeve does NOT provide restriction for those types of foods. Eat some dense protein-- a piece of steak or chicken breast. Measure your starting portion, then measure what, if any, is left over. I very much doubt that you can eat more than 4oz.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

avee23
on 3/29/18 2:56 pm
VSG on 11/08/17

Thanks for responding! Great advice :)

ReinaS
on 3/31/18 8:20 am
VSG on 12/05/17

I was on vacation and I gained like 4 pounds in one week due to high-carb diet. As soon as I went back to my low-carb program I lost twice as much and now 4 months out I'm below my goal weight! It's jus****er weight :)

SW: 256lbs, GW: 165lbs, height: 5ft6

pre-op: -21lbs M1: -30lbs M2: -18lbs M3: -16lbs

avee23
on 3/31/18 9:39 am
VSG on 11/08/17

Makes me feel better! Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics