Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 3/27/2018

AnnieG522
on 3/27/18 12:51 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

Tuesday at our house is usually Chinese night (we have a place that will prepare things on the side, and without salt). However, like Gwen, we have a plethora of leftovers.

B: Protein shake w/coffee

L: Homemade chicken vegetable soup,

S: Jolly pop 100

D: Hmmmmm

I have early morning bariatric labs tomorrow; the 3 month ones were grand, so hoping these are, as well.

My hair completely fell out on the crown this week, so back to wigs like when I've had chemo (3 separate cancers). I had a few moments of weepiness. But it will grow back, and the group has helped me understand the reasons its out, and that it will come back.

QOTHD: My reasons for VGS at 65 was to be around to see my grandchildren (and my "adult kids") and to have some life in my life. Since the VGS I've come off 13 medications, and have lots of energy (even without the hair, lol) So I guess continuing to work on good health.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Jess Says Yes
on 3/28/18 6:28 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I'm sorry your hair loss is so dramatic, that must be hard. 3 seperate cancers? You are the definition of a survivor!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Bufflehead
on 3/27/18 12:56 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Breakfast: hot savory oat bran cereal with sriracha, red miso paste, and toasted walnuts

Morning snack: yogurt

Lunch: Chopped grilled chicken breast & grilled asparagus salad

Afternoon snack: small apple

Dinner: smoked trout w/ shirred egg, roast cauliflower

After dinner snack: probably a couple of dates

Note: I'm in maintenance! People who are still losing, you want to stay away from things like grains and dried fruit IMO.

QOTD: I hope to have paid off my house mortgage and be more comfortable in my retirement savings.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/27/18 12:59 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon! I am posting late as we flew to Boston for DH's clinical trial appointment tomorrow morning. It is chilly here (40), but at least there isn't any snow on the ground. I just walked around a bit at Faneuil Hall. We are meeting DS for dinner at a restaurant on the harbor. Then back to warm sunny Florida tomorrow afternoon for our last 3 weeks there this season.

QOTD: I'm looking forward to doing some travel while DH can. First up is a trip to Northern Ireland, Scotland and France in September. In October we may visit family in Portland OR before going to Denver CO to a wedding. Next year I'd like to do a cruise perhaps while we are in Florida for the season.

2 Years post-op tomorrow!

Always lots of coffee...

B: protein bar

L: protein bar

D: Probably fish of some sort (out to dinner on Boston harbor with DS)

S: Almonds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

ShirlAus
on 3/27/18 1:57 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning - late start (well 7.15am) for me as we lost power around 5.30am and just came back on! Today will be catch up for me as I have averaged 3 hrs off both Monday and Tuesday sorting my sons car and taking my mum to medical appointments. Thankful I have the flexiabilty to be able to do that.

After I finish will be prep for us to go up to our farm for Easter. I need to start packing the trailer as we are taking up some more items for the shed/house. Have 8 people staying over Easter so it should be nice and 6 dogs - hoping they get along! I am also restoring a hand routed sign that my Father in Law made for their farm front gate. Its getting coats of paint twice a day as I rush to fini**** Have organised all of my husbands siblings to come for dinner on Easter Sunday so we will hang it on our front gate then as I felt it would be nice to include them and remember Dad and Mum.

QOTD: In 10 years we will be finally in our house at our farm and hoping to be retired and enjoying the lifestyle up there. Planning for my mum to be in a section of the house so I can look after her needs/food etc. Something to work towards and plan :)

Thank you for the inclusion Gwen :) Weather is improving here in Australia today after a wooly few days that let us know winter is coming. Aiming for a high of 86 today

B: Toast with Slice of Cheese and leftover homemade coleslaw

S: Grapes

L: TBD - maybe eggs?

D: Leftover Chicken Drumstick, Potato and Coleslaw from last nights dinner

Have a wonderful evening all :)

Most Active
Recent Topics