9 months since Surgery

MJSpencer
on 3/27/18 4:02 am
VSG on 03/29/18

Thank you for your post. I am having my surgery this Thursday, it was originally scheduled for 1/2. I'd been ok with it but had started to second guess if I was doing the right thing (nerves of course). Logged on a couple of days ago and the first thing I read was your post and it made me feel alot better about my decision. (Sorry for the later reply, the last couple of days have been super busy). Thanks again. P.s. you're hear in Australia?

ShirlAus
on 3/27/18 1:37 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey MJSpencer, Nice to meet you :) Its normal to start feeling apprehension and wonder if you are actually doing the right thing as your surgery nears. I know I was very nervous. These boards and the people on them are a wonderful support. I know I posted lots in the beginning and was always given great advice from people who truely understand. Come here as often as you need through all stages of your journey - and we will keep a seat on the losers bench warm for you :) You will be here before you know it.

My recommendation for now would be to get as many things organised at home as you can so you can truely rest when you are discharged. Ideally its best to make getting fluids in and walking around to help release the gas your "job". I wont lie I found the first couple of days rough but after making it through the first week I feel I have hit the ground running.

Wishing you all the best for your surgery and look forward to seeing you back here

Yes Im from Melbourne Australia - I couldnt find any support boards that seemed like this one so here I came and have stayed ever since. Just means I post at back to front times to all of you he he he

MJSpencer
on 3/27/18 3:29 pm
VSG on 03/29/18

Thank you. I'm from Perth. Agree that I couldn't find anything similar to this site over here. I hope they don't mind us gatecrashing ?

Bobbisoft
on 3/28/18 12:43 pm
VSG on 03/14/18

I love it! I'm only 2weeks out of surgery and I notice a difference in myself more ambition to do something that would have avoided before ! You make me smile to know what I have to look forward too!, thank you

ShirlAus
on 4/2/18 1:50 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

My pleasure Bobbisoft :)

Good luck with your journey - you will do great

Kathy S.
on 4/2/18 2:58 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ShirlAus
on 4/2/18 2:59 pm