Soups

Melody P.
on 3/19/18 2:19 pm - Amarillo, TX

I wish we had those here!

Mel

Valerie G.
on 3/19/18 12:00 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I applaud your ambition to make your own soups. I'm the same way with wanting to control what goes into my food and it just TASTES better. You can even freeze the soup in ice trays, and take out the perfect amount of cubes to reheat at a time.

Now, for what kind....what do you like? Think protein value and carbs from healthy sources (like veggies). Egg drop soup is a great starter soup for many. If you must puree (I never did, just cooked until everything got really soft), then think of what might be good pureed. I would think chili or maybe veggie beef. Use your standard recipes and then either cook longer to get everything super soft, or use your blender. A bone broth is a wonderful thing to have on hand, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Melody P.
on 3/19/18 2:18 pm - Amarillo, TX

I love that idea of the ice cube trays! Thanks!

i tend to like beef and I love most veggies in soup. I have a pressure cooker ready to go to make some.

thanks again!

Mel

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/19/18 3:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You can probably make a lot of these in advance and freeze them in tiny portions. I used 3oz paper bathroom cups for mine! I was definitely NOT up to cooking, even at 2 or 3 weeks out, so frozen and pre-made stuff was a lifesaver.

A few ideas:

Lentil soup (pureed for the puree stage): I ate this all the time when I worked at a Middle Eastern restaurant. The spices are so good!

Cauliflower soup

Tomato soup-- add some Greek yogurt for creaminess and protein

Split pea soup (puree it)

Pumpkin soup

Butternut squash soup

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics