Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, March 16, 2018

Jess Says Yes
on 3/16/18 6:42 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning and happy Friday! I have never posted one of these before but since I didn't see one for today yet I thought I'd be brave and give it a go! If I somehow just overlooked it, have mercy on me haha.

QOTD: What is one of your favorite memories from childhood?

I'll answer in the comments.

B - Coffee & PP caramel

L - rotisserie chicken and a deviled egg

D - more chicken with peas and brown rice for the fam

e - yoga

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Jess Says Yes
on 3/16/18 6:50 am
VSG on 10/24/17

QOTD: What is one of your favorite memories from childhood?

I grew up in Saginaw, Michigan so I have lots of great memories related to the snow! (Like building a 10 foot tall "ice man" with my dad.) But thr one that jumped to mind today was when my dad borrowed his friends snowmobile and tied five sleds on the back and pulled me and my siblings all over (at a speed that was probably not safe). The sleds went flying all over as he drove and we would often get thrown off in to a giant pile of snow. It was so fun and upon reflection, my dad was a little nuts haha.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/18 6:51 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey, I was just going to post this thread because I didn't see it yet! Glad you got to it first. I can't say what my favorite childhood memory is. There are many good ones with my grandma. One is I went to the amusement park with my grandma, my friend, her mom and sister, and instead of eating their expensive food we packed a cooler. We weren't allowed to bring it in, so we left it in the car full of ice to keep it good, got it out in the parking lot and sat under a big tree and had a picnic with bologna and cheese sandwiches, chips, soda (basically everything bad and delicious).

Pre Breakfast - Coffee with Premier Protein in it and Miralax

Breakfast - Nature's Own Wheat + Protein bread with Whipped Greek cream cheese

Mid Morning Snack - Fage total 0% plain with half a serving of PB2 in it

Lunch - To be determined. I'm thinking a grilled chicken leg though. I don't know how I'm not sick of chicken.

Afternoon Snack - 1% milk fat cottage cheese

Dinner - Baked flounder most likely

yvonnef1964
on 3/16/18 7:36 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd spending time with my grandma, she lived out in the country and she turned over a feed bucket in the barn that was on pulleys, I spread a burlap bag over it as my saddle and she put twine on it as my reins and she would pull me through the barn like I was riding a horse. She also made good molasses cookies that were really soft and delicious. Good memories of her.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D keto lasagna

Have a good day

bailbax
on 3/19/18 6:16 pm - BELMONT, Canada

How do you make keto lasagna?

mmsmom
on 3/16/18 7:42 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Friday.

QOTD: I think just going outside and playing - like a normal kid. Not having tons of structured activities and there always being someone else around to play with. Of course we all used to pile in a neighbors car - no seatbelts, played with cap guns, played in the street and all kinds of other dangerous things I wouldn't let my kids do haha - but it was a different world then.

B: cheerios

L: Idk, going to the store

D: Either chicken or pizza depending on level of laziness...can't get in much pizza, but do enjoy the little i can

E: it's blustery and cold, I'm tired of this!!!!

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

CC C.
on 3/16/18 8:41 am

Good morning! Should be a fun day. I have a birthday lunch for a friend and a massage later this afternoon.

QOTD: I have lots of nice memories from childhood. One of my favorites is getting to go to Disneyland a lot. I'm dating myself but they used to let law enforcement officers in for free back when you paid one fee to get in the park and then used A-E tickets you would buy to get on the individual rides (it's where the term "E-ticket ride" comes from. E-tickets were for the most popular rides). So my mom who was a probation officer would take me and we'd walk around, watch the parade, have lunch, go on a ride or two and go home.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - ?

D - real good pizza

S - cheese, eggs

Kristi T.
on 3/16/18 9:36 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I absolutely loved meeting my cousin's grandbaby yesterday. She is so tiny, but healthy. I got to hold her throughout the visit. I think it's been about 13 years since I held a baby, it made my heart ache a little bit:-)

QOTD-I have a lot of good memories of spending summers in Montana with my grandparents, aunt and uncles and my cousins. One of the best memories I have was jumping off an old bridge into the river. We would spend all day doing this with other kids that were local. Jump, climb up the rocky ravine, jump and do it all over again, all day.

B-Sprouted grain toast w/1tbsp almond butter

L-tuna with mayo and pickle, string cheese

S-Chai tea with vanilla PP shake

D-Turkey meatball and veggie soup

E-Hike with Emmy

Have a great Friday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/16/18 10:12 am, edited 3/16/18 3:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon! Today is my birthday, so there will be a little celebrating. Out for lunch and probably dinner. Tomorrow I'm making an Irish boiled dinner and Irish bread and SIL is making a key lime pie from scratch.

QOTD: Good question! I remember our family days at the beach in New Jersey where we would rent a cottage in the summer (we lived near Philadelphia). We would put our blanket on the beach in early morning and go to the beach all day. My mother (a red head) would sit under an umbrella all covered up with towels and with a huge beach hat. At night my Dad would make lobster boats out of 1/2 gallon milk cartons which we would pull in the water. I guess this is why I love the beach now!

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Grouper and coconut cream pie

D: Possibly Shrimp (haven't decided on restaurant yet)

S: Nut thins, hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 3/16/18 10:54 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Happy Birthday Liz, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Most Active
Recent Topics