Crushing Meds

Bestusernamesarego
ne

on 3/17/18 12:41 am

Benadryl crushed tastes pretty bitter. There are some liquid choices.

catwoman7
on 3/17/18 6:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was allowed to swallow all pills that were pencil-eraser size or smaller once I left the hospital. The only two I had to wait a couple of weeks on were ursodiol and those giant calcium citrate tablets.

caffeine vs no caffeine argument is the same as pills - it depends on your surgeon. I was allowed decaf fairly soon after surgery, but I had to wait like three (or maybe six?) months before I could drink it caffeinated. Some are told not to drink it all, and others are drinking before they even leave the hospital.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/18 2:55 pm
VSG on 03/01/18

Thanks for ur replies, yes all these pills are bitter when crushed & forced to taste. I see surgeon Monday hopefully she will clear me to swallow. I've had yogurt, tea, water (which hurts), & am now having first protein drink. So far so good, didnt throw up or any major probs. just that day of mad pain. Still right side pain where they pulled tummy out. Guess that will be there for a good while. That area had just healed after gallbladder removal.

lbelas
on 3/18/18 5:43 pm

Try the Benadryl capsules. They slide down easily.

I had no issue with pills that were small...the horse pills are the ones that suck! Try taking the capsules with your yogurt...it will help them slide down.

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/18 8:34 am
VSG on 03/01/18

All capsule meds can be opened & sprinkled over yogurt

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/18 8:39 am
VSG on 03/01/18

Lmao... My mid daughter says thats y I'm single now, she's 28 & such fun

Most Active
Recent Topics