Kathy S.
on 3/14/18 10:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Love it!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

MarcyisMyName
on 3/13/18 2:37 pm

Hi there! I am in the same boat as you. I had VSG in July 2014 and lost close to 100 pounds. I was maintaining that well until October of 2016 when I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and massive brain swelling. In order to bring the swelling down before surgery, I had to take massive amounts of steroids for 6 weeks prior to surgery and then six weeks post op. Those meds made me ravenous, and with it being the holidays and all of the emotions that came along with it, I sought out comfort foods and everyone I knew brought us baked goods. I have not been able to fully get back on the train of good eating. I am up almost 50 pounds now and so depressed about it. I finally decided that this week was going to be the week where I started really trying again. If you need an accountability partner or just someone to chat with, please do reach out. I, too, feel so alone in my misery. My husband has been doing keto since June and has lost 70 pounds, and I am just so jealous. LOL. I am vowing to get back to the good stuff. Starting now.

Marcy

b4dawncindy
on 3/13/18 2:53 pm

Marcy!

We are two peas in a pod lol! You and I can do this and hold each other accountable and with all of the wonderful people and support on here it's going to be a win-win!

Baby steps, but I am holding myself accountable and will visit this site every single day for encouragement and if I can do this you can too! We owe this to ourselves - it's never too late and hearing from you made me rise up today out of my pity party miserable self and take charge, thank you!

I'm counting on you as well and feel free to reach out anytime also :-)

We deserve to feel good again and I hope your health is much better these days Marcy!

Cindy

Most Active
Recent Topics