Anxiety after vsg

Perlahowl
on 3/13/18 10:16 pm
On March 13, 2018 at 10:20 PM Pacific Time, Cecily C. wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Did you have reflux before your sleeve? The sleeve can make it worse. And some people don't have it prior to surgery but develop it after. I had it rarely, about once every few months pre-surgery, but developed it after. My surgeon repaired a hiatal hernia when I got sleeved, but the fix didn't hold. I needed a second hernia repair about 10 months after and that finally fixed the GERD. But mine was controlled with one PPI. I just didn't want to be on them forever as they've been linked long term to some not nice things like dementia and osteoporosis.

There are some people on here who couldn't get it under control or didn't have a hernia causing it and ended up converting to a RNY to fix it. I hope you get some answers soon!

No Cecily, thank god, I didnt have any of these troubles before surgery. I'm experiencing them for the first time in my life, that's why I'm anxious.

I discussed that with a couple of doctors and they explained its too early (just three weeks post op) to have such complaints especially that I'm put on pantoprazole which should deal with those issues.

They also added that my apparent stress and anxiety play great role in magnifying those symptoms. Still unsure if thats the case but I dont have any other option but to pray things will get better someday. @Cecily c

Agran
on 3/14/18 7:07 pm

Hang in there. It will get better. We are here for you.

Nura777
on 3/14/18 7:53 pm

I can relate quite bit. I had severe anxiety post op, with intense regret and fear for the future. Awful acid reflux didn't help either. With sone therapy, short term use of anti anxiety meds like ativan, I was able to get back to a new normal. My acid reclux is still here one year later, but its much better.

Look into therapy, try meditation and medication. All te best

Shannon S.
on 3/15/18 5:01 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I've read about a hormone dump that occurs after VSG. Your hormones are probably all whacked out. Estrogen is stored in fat which is released into the bloodstream. There is also a carb detox that occurs which can create moodiness. Your body has a lot going on. It's seems fairly normal for foods not to be tolerated so well in the beginning. Continue to drink 64 oz of water a day, get your protein in through shakes if necessary, and take your vitamins as permitted by your plan. This is a crappy period. You'll get through it!! If you can't get fluids and protein drinks down, this raises the level of concern, and you need to contact your surgeon. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics