New member, request for help

Ravenkiddy
on 3/11/18 2:37 pm
VSG on 03/16/18

Hi All, new here! My surgery is scheduled 3/16/18. I am on my pre op liquid diet, which is extremely hard. I am only allowed 3 shakes, 2 cups broth, 1 Greek yogurt and 4 snack packs of jello a day. I have been doing awesome, lost 25lbs in 3wks. I cheated tonight, I had 1/4 head of steamed cabbage. My husband was making corned beef and cabbage and I couldnt resist the cabbage. I feel so guilty. I don't think I messed anything up but I am disappointed in my self. Did anyone else cheat? Did it cause any issues?

Thanks

diane S.
on 3/11/18 3:51 pm

If thats the worst thing you do, you will be fine. Just resolve not to do it again. ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shannon S.
on 3/11/18 4:02 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I had a couple of cheats that I'm not proud of. I just didn't beat myself up and got right back to the plan. Cheating too close to surgery can cause complications. Hopefully your cheating is done at this point but just keep that in mind.

Bobbisoft
on 3/11/18 6:59 pm
VSG on 03/14/18

I have my surgery on the 14th ! I cheated and had a half of a boiled egg white ! Every dr does it different in Syracuse ny they only have to do liquid diet for 3 days! Mine was 10 days and I have to have 4 high protein shakes "bariatric fusion", 1/2 cup of starchy veggies for snack or I can use in my broth to make a soup, min of 64oz of sugar free clear liqs that includes sugar free popsicles , Italian ice,and sugar free jell-o! So I think your doing wonderful! Congrats ! I seen afew people who get to eat a small meal once a day ! Stay blessed and keep going it can be hard. Best wishes !

Cai-Marie
on 3/12/18 8:28 am
VSG on 12/08/17

I cheated once as well and it cause no problems physically but mentally I was a wreck!. Just calm down and do better and you'll be fine.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/12/18 1:22 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If in doubt, call your surgeon's office to double-check. Cheating with cabbage is better than cheating with cheeseburgers, but you'll want to make sure they won't want to reschedule your surgery.

Good luck!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Ravenkiddy
on 3/12/18 3:43 pm
VSG on 03/16/18

Thank you all so much!

Most Active
Recent Topics