New member :)

Interpretergal
on 3/10/18 5:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I was told by a few people this is a great forum to come to for support!

I started my my journey back in October. My insurance has you do 7 months of meetings and diet before they will even set a date. My last meeting is April 18th and I meet with the surgeon April 19th. I'm SO excited.

what is some advice you have for someone getting ready to join the losers bench?

CC C.
on 3/10/18 7:00 pm

Welcome! I can't really think of much advice other than to follow your rules/plan, weigh and track your food, and stay active with a support group like OH. Therapy is pretty helpful too to help to get to the root of any food issues and help you develop different non-food-related coping mechanisms. Good luck!

catwoman7
on 3/11/18 7:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I spent a lot of time reading through the threads - new and old - on this site while I was pre-op. I felt really prepared going into surgery because of it...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

B. Jones
on 3/11/18 8:13 am

Welcome to the board,

I just rejoined after being away for 7 years. I regained a lot of weight last couple years. If there is one thing I can pass along, is that eventually once you've lost the weight and settled into a new lifestyle, eating, etc. Stick to things you do to maintain your weight loss and stick with that. I got away from those things and the Demons came back that made me big in the first place. Stick with your new roots, they will serve you well.

Shannon S.
on 3/11/18 3:53 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Don't graze and stay away from refined carbs as much as possible. Sure fire way to fail! Welcome and best of luck on your journey.

Bobbisoft
on 3/11/18 7:04 pm
VSG on 03/14/18

Welcome ! It's a amazing journey, And where all taken it together ! Blessings

Most Active
Recent Topics