Protein Powder

Amc510
on 3/10/18 4:07 pm

Hello!

I have been lurking awhile, I have my pre-op appointment on Monday, and VSG surgery is scheduled for 4/4 in Bellevue, Wa.

I have been trying different protein powders that meet my dietitian's requirements, and Unjury is my favorite. I have a really hard time with artificial sweeteners, and Unjury just doesn't taste too sweet.

That being said, I used all of my supply up, and I will be starting the pre-op diet Monday, so I need to find a replacement I can either purchase locally, or order on Amazon so it will get here quickly while I wait for my Unjury order.

Has anyone tried Isopure? Any other suggestions? I can't tolerate Premier- too artificially sweet for me. I tried to search through the forums, but the newest post I could find was from 2015 :)

Thanks in advance!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/10/18 7:31 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Don't stock up on protein powder just yet. Many, if not most, people find that their tastes change a LOT after surgery.

Buy samples of everything, including the stuff you currently dislike, and try it again after you have your surgery.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Shannon S.
on 3/10/18 9:31 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I drink Isopure zero carb. It's the clear liquid in fruity flavors. It's the only protein drink I'm able to stomach. It is still sweetened with Splenda, but due to the carb requirements I didn't have a choice. I researched and researched, and found very few naturally sweetened options that met the carb criteria if any. Congrats on your surgery!

Ladyblu
on 3/11/18 6:34 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Tastes can change after surgery. Pre-surgery, Premier was yucky. Now, that is all I drink in my coffee. I also cannot tolerate sweet stuff, so my go-to became Isopure unflavored powder. I added it to broths and soups. Just make sure your liquid is not too hot as it WILL clump and that is not pleasant. Good luck!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Amc510
on 3/11/18 7:48 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I have definitely heard many people say tastes can change after surgery, so I won't stock up too much now. Just need enough to get me through at least the pre-op 2 weeks! Looks like I'll be giving Isopure a try!

Sharonc67
on 3/11/18 11:10 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I get headaches with most artificial sweeteners but Stevia and Xenical both seem to be OK. I'm pre-op and intend to buy Genepro for flavorless protein and Planted (Unjury) chocolate PP.

My surgery is scheduled 5/14 in Bellevue. Are you at Overlake!

NuMe2018
on 3/11/18 9:21 pm

Probably too late to help you but, I get Syntrax Nectar on amazon very reasonable price. I love their sweet and their fruit lines. They do not taste sickeningly sweet like many others do. Hope that helped.

Do try it if you get a chance either way. I have a feeling that you will like it. :)

Amc510
on 3/12/18 7:34 am

Thanks for the input! I have seen that brand in my searching, I will give it a try as well!

Most Active
Recent Topics