Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Friday, 3/9/2018

Gwen M.
on 3/9/18 5:11 am, edited 3/9/18 2:15 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Friday! My plans are all screwed up at the moment :) My appointment with the orthodontist went really well yesterday, but he wants me to get a nickel allergy test due to issues with metals in the past. I was able to get scheduled with my allergist this morning (!!) but at the expense of my regular friday fitness classes. I'm running away from home next week, though, so getting this taken care of this week makes the sacrifice worth it.

Then, I've got packet pickup for Saturday's race today. My bff and I will go into DC and do that together. I had initially registered for the half marathon, but had to drop down to the 5k due to inability to train while recovering from reconstructive surgeries. Then, due to foot pain issues, I had decided to just walk the whole thing. Yesterday, though, my physical therapist told me, in nicer words, that I'd be a stupid idiot for even walking the distance. So, yeah. I'm not doing anything with the race tomorrow aside from being a chauffeur. I'm super bummed about this. (I do have plans to visit a large indoor market while Lance is running, and the weather is supposed to be okay at least.)

QOTD: How do you hope you'll change as a person in the future? Challenge mode - your answer can't involve weight! (I'll put my answer in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: vegan lunch out with bff (my bff had to cancel due to health stuff, we did packet pickup, but lunch was out of the question - I had teriyaki meatballs and cheese instead)
3: ranch fried chicken

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: lots of walking around DC for packet pickup, etc, home PT exercises!

How about you? TGIF?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 3/9/18 6:15 am, edited 3/9/18 2:15 am - Woburn, MA

It's Friday, yay. Last day of CAMAW, thank goodness, I've had enough. I just want a salad, lol.

QOTD: I hope to live my own life. After raising two children and having my father live with me for 16 years, I feel like now is the time to live my life, while i am young enough, have no big future expenses (daughter is through 54K a year college and married - 60k wedding) and now I am ready to do what I want to do. Going to Aruba in June and bought an RV...that's a good start.

B: 1/2 sausage patty, 1/2 scrambled egg, dollop of hollandaise

L: scoop of tuna with mayo, -did have about 1 artichoke heart/roasted red peppers - Not CAMAW :(

D: leftover roast chicken and hm gravy

S: light and fit yogurt -

E: walk the dog

L/V: already want another iced coffee : p

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 3/9/18 6:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I'd like to not feel so overwhelmed all the time. Rationally, I don't think I should feel so overwhelmed, as I always manage to get all the things done that I need to get done, but I feel overwhelmed nonetheless. I guess I need to figure out how to have a better "work/life" balance. Which probably sounds ridiculous from someone who doesn't actually have a job. But, by "work," I mean all the things that I need to get done and by "life," I mean all the things that I do just to take care of my own wellness needs. I think that if I could figure out how to better care for my own wellness, I'd not feel quite so overwhelmed all the time.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jess Says Yes
on 3/9/18 7:07 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Friday! Nick and I are sneaking out of work to go see Black Panther. I rarely watch action movies but everyone keeps raving about it and it will be a fun day date before Rylan's baseball game this evening.

QOTD: Gwen mine is similar. I'd like to be less prone to stress and overwhelm. I'm actually participating in a neurofeedback pilot study that is supposed to help my brain produce more calming brain waves and fewer related to hyperarousal. (Hello oversimplification! But that's the basic idea). I don't know if it's placebo effect, but I have been noticing a difference!

B - Coffee & pp caramel

l - salami & mozzarella

d - turkey soup

s - small salad with vinegar & oil

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Acedding27
on 3/9/18 7:10 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning! Gwen, I can't imagine your disappointment, but hopefully you still have a pleasant trip anyway! There's a 5K in Memphis that I want to walk this summer, and it would be my first one. :-)

QOTD: Well. I would like to have more time for my wife and I , actually. I hope my life changes so that I can spend more time relaxing and enjoying myself. I would also like some time to pursue my own interests--reading incessantly, traveling, and writing fiction and poetry. We support my two nephews and my mother with dementia, so between the both of us we have 5 jobs. I want to get to the point to where we can just BE...and have afternoons and weekends for our own leisure. I don't mean to whine. We both have Spring Break off, and we have decided to hit up Hot Springs and Lake Oachita for a few days. We are lucky to be able to do this. This summer, I hope to spend a lot of time writing.

B: Steak, eggs, cheese, onions

L: Unsure. I have hummus here at school, but I forgot to bring something else. I may have hummus and crackers unless the cafeteria has something suitable.

D: poached salmon and broccoli unless we go out

Snacks: Greek Yogurt (coconut..yum!)

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/9/18 8:23 am, edited 3/9/18 12:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Tag, you're it today Gwen!

QOTD: I'd like to become more patient with DH (he has early onset Alzheimer's).

1 year, 11 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: turkey breast and cheese

D: pork

S: maybe prosciutto mozzarella stick, maybe Yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

tlh4life
on 3/9/18 9:53 am
VSG on 04/11/17

QOTD: I hope to be more outgoing and spend less time worry about what others think.

Breakfast: Egg, 1/2 slice of bread, iced coffee

Lunch: Beef chili over rice

Snack: Greek yogurt

Dinner: Not sure what my plans are for dinner. I have more leftovers that I could have, but I'm not overly excited about them.

CC C.
on 3/9/18 1:01 pm, edited 3/9/18 5:01 am

Happy Friday back atcha! Sorry about your race, Gwen. That's a bummer, but good you are listening to your body (and PT therapist) and not pushing too far. Nothing worse than healing from an injury you received when you knew better - a double kick in the teeth!

QOTD: I'd like to be more brave and less concerned with what others think. I?m getting there, but my starting point was pretty far back.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - bbq chicken, veggie straws

D - fish of some sort, veggies

S - egg mcmuffin (weak moment at McDs midday)

Most Active
Recent Topics