15 year olds 10 month update

CC C.
on 3/9/18 5:22 pm

Absolutely true!

Kays
on 3/15/18 6:38 am
VSG on 12/18/17

This is so true-the most attractive person become ugly when they act like an butt head!

DominicanOmar
on 3/8/18 2:03 pm
VSG on 02/06/18

Good job.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/8/18 2:03 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Great progress so far!

"Eating anything" is not an optimal strategy and may be why you're losing slowly. Ditch the toast and fruit, and go exclusively protein, and I bet you'll see your loss pick up. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mmsmom
on 3/9/18 4:06 am - Woburn, MA

Good job - and you are so lucky - you will spend the majority of your life fit and healthy!!!! I only wish this surgery was available when I was young!!!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Saradawn0323
on 3/9/18 1:31 pm
VSG on 05/25/18

I dont think it matters who notices as long as u see it and you feel better thats what matters :)

Donna L.
on 3/9/18 6:28 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

What matters is most is what we notice and how we feel about ourselves. The best way to attract men or anyone else is to be confident, love yourself and who you are, and appreciate yourself for whom you are inside. Men who will just try to impress you because you are pretty won't necessarily do that for you, but for what they think you will do for them. I've had friends who were models and they got tons of attention, however they also were depressed because all the people attracted to them were utterly shallow.

It's true the world is horrible to fat people, no doubt, and being an overweight teen is a nightmare. Don't fall into the trap that weight loss will fix everything. What I've seen here on the forums is that many people lose weight, become more attractive, and then still have relationship issues and even get divorced.

The hard truth a lot of us learned about surgery is that we have lots of personal development to do. Surgery doesn't fix relationships - most of the time it makes it harder. What helps us be attractive and have good relationships is to be people of quality inside, and always confront our flaws and do our best to change. What helps us be attractive is to like who we are inside and out.

That's the hard part, but you will definitely get there. Just don't forget it's the inside changing that matters just as much as the outside.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Shannon S.
on 3/9/18 7:28 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Glad you're doing good. Keep up the great work. You don't need anyone's approval but your own. Love yourself always!

Bobbisoft
on 3/11/18 7:09 pm
VSG on 03/14/18

Good for you honey! Keep up the great work! Enjoy life your young and on the right track! Congrats and blessings

NANNY13
on 3/14/18 8:30 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

Hey Sunshine!

What a great name for you!

Glad you have come back with such a great update! Don't even be concerned about no one mentioning the weight loss. They have all noticed but probably don't know what to say at that age. They are being respectful of your feelings. I bet you feel so much healthier!

Ok. Now the work is happening. You are 10 months out so you want to get off as much as possible in the first year. You need to see the vision of where you want to end up. Do not be afraid to reach for it. With your age and focus you can go as low as you set your mind to. Now is the time to work and get there. The best way is to measure everything out in advance so your meals are ready for you when you are on the run and keep track of everything going in your mouth. Cut it back to protein first and if enough room put those veggies in there too. Cut out those carbs for the time being till you are right where you feel amazing in that bathing suit. It will ll be worth it soon. Summer is coming up quick. This year there will be no reason to hide or not enjoy fully all the outside activities, You go Sunshine. We are all here to cheer you on, Finish strong.

Most Active
Recent Topics