Surgery 2/1/18

ReinaS
on 1/31/18 10:25 am
VSG on 12/05/17

Hi! Good luck!! Keep us posted on your progress, I was quite the same weight when I had my surgery almost 2 months ago :) I started from 256lbs!

SW: 256lbs, GW: 165lbs, height: 5ft6

pre-op: -21lbs M1: -30lbs M2: -18lbs M3: -16lbs

LaurengetsLean
on 1/31/18 10:39 am
VSG on 02/01/18

Thank you, I will be sure to keep you all updated with how I am doing! It's always encouraging to see someone your own weight being successful with their tool post op! Have you already lost over 60lbs in 2 months!? That is incredible. Congratulations.

ShirlAus
on 1/31/18 12:25 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Excited for you :) And look forward to welcoming you to the losers bench.

My advice would be to sip sip sip - make it your main job in the first few weeks. Its hard to make the fluid targets. Also rest as much as you can with a 9 mth old - do you have someone there to help with your bub while you recover?

You will find this board a great source of information and support

Best of luck :)

Shirley

Australia

NewJourney17
on 1/31/18 1:45 pm
VSG on 12/12/17

Good Luck on your surgery! im about to be two month post op on the 12th and im so exited with all the progress ive made. But for me surgery was a breeze I was up and walking that same day. what I can advise you to bring is a pj set and some good socks! yes the hospital gives you a gown and socks but my surgeon made us walk a lot so its pretty uncomfortable to be doing it with hospital stuff. I took my pjs and fuzzy socks and had no problem what so ever. the nurses help you adjust all the stuff your hooked up to so u can be comfortable and makes walking a lot easier. Good Luck this is the best decision you could of possibly made! :)

VSG: December 12, 2017

HW: 326 SW: 308 CW: 239

STWG: 200 LTWG: 150

Wenchalicious
on 2/1/18 5:48 am
VSG on 12/01/17 with

Good luck! I hope you have a quick recovery.

Age 46, Height: 5'7"

• HW: 274
  • SW: 254.4 (VSG 12/1/2017)
  • CW: 188.2 (6/12/2018)
  • GW: 140
Gracie92404
on 2/1/18 10:53 am
VSG on 01/08/18

Hi Lauren, I too have been silent (since now) and although we've all been excited for our surgery, it's a whole new world afterwards. My surgery was 01/08/18, I'm on my 4th week at home/recovering. It has been a huge adjustment and I developed anxiety. I hope that you have a great recovery, but if you experience the slightest feelings of doubt, confusion, regret or any negative thoughts, Please be sure to use this forum to reach out to others. Search by whatever subject you want information about. I've been reading all morning, because I feel alone in this and know that I can't just share what I'm going through with my friends. This site has been most helpful, most hopeful that I'm getting better at understanding this process. Best wishes and remember all the wonderful fun you're going to have with your daughter, being at a healthy weight to run and play with her.

Tweety135
on 2/2/18 12:40 pm
VSG on 01/23/18

Good Luck!!! One thing I did before surgery was to try different protein drinks. I'm not a huge fan of protein shakes in general, but I did find that a clear protein drink was a little easier at the very beginning, and as a way to switch it up a little. Also, for the creamy type shake I don't use a shaker bottle I put it in the blender that way I don't get chunks in my drink. Definitely get the sugar free jell-o. Also I find my water easier to drink if it's slightly warm and I drink herbal tea...very lightly brewed, especially mint which I find soothing.

Cristina F.
on 2/3/18 9:03 am
VSG on 02/16/18

Hi.. How you doing?? How was your surgery??

I just literally made a post just like yours.. I have 9 months baby too and my surgery day is very close..

Please share your experience..

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/18 11:19 am
VSG on 03/01/18

I know how you feel. I read and read and read just trying to figure out if this was for me. Anyone I met in person that hsd the sleeve, i basicslly interviewed them. I needed to knw the good, the bad, thr ugly. I wanted to comment on this site so many times but it was difficult to join from my cell.

Anyway, about your surgery - you will do fine. Prayers for much success and no complications. Blessings!

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/18 11:25 am
VSG on 03/01/18

One thing i read. Toddler spoon is really helpful & altoids/tictacs if allowed. PLEASE NOTE- jus what I read from others, I have NO forst hand knowledge yet. Blessings!

Most Active
Recent Topics