Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 1/30/2018

mmsmom
on 1/30/18 9:59 am - Woburn, MA

QOTD: Interesting how many people went camping. As a child, I NEVER went camping - we lived in the city and once a year we rented a house on the beach in NH and went with my aunt/uncle and cousins. Always a fun time with cousins. We are all still close today.

However, once I met my husband (who was a boyscout), we went camping and fell in love with it. Had our first pop up for 26 years - took our kids every year multiple times. When the pop up died, we bought a tent and tented for a few years. Two years ago we bought a used pop up, which was in perfect condition. Decided this year we are too old for that and traded it in at the RV show for a solid body, towable, small, light RV. It has more amenities than I want - I just want to be outside as much as possible, but it should make our lives much easier. I love camping because our state parks are $17 a night.

B: 1 slice toast with peanut butter

L: hummus with yellow pepper, hard boiled egg

S: thin mints : /

D: idk, nothing planned yet.

E: walked the halls at work with my boss and climbed 3 flights of stairs 2x, and will walk the dog when I get home

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 1/30/18 10:52 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I was thinking of Erin too, glad she is okay and thank you Gwen for the update.

We have sun today and clear skies, but the wind gusts are unbelievably scary. I keep an eye on one tree that seems to bend almost to the ground!

Spent the day with my uncle yesterday and took Emmy to the lake to walk the beach, it was a good day. Not much planned today.

QOTD-Every Thanksgiving we went to the beach in Oregon and rented the same house with my godparents. Summer was spent with my grandparents in Montana(where I live now). There was a few camping trips in between, which I hated. Now I want to learn how to tent camp as an adult. Wish I knew better as a kid and was able to take advantage of the camping trips:-)

B-greek yogurt with pumpkin and SF vanilla syrup

L-Leftover chicken breast, 1/2 small apple

S-chai tea with cream & stevia

D-Taking my mom in for a haircut, so will grab something somewhere...tbd

E-Walk with my dog

Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday!

June W.
on 1/30/18 10:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12

My first food post. I'm making it through the day.

Breakfast: Protein shake

Snack: Cheese stick

Lunch: 3/4 cup lentils

Snack: Protein shake

Dinner: Black beans and rice with teriyaki.

Gwen M.
on 1/30/18 12:40 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

One of the things I notice from your meals is that you're not getting much in the way of dense protein. Dense foods will fill you up quicker and keep you feeling sated for longer, which tends to help with compliance and loss.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

June W.
on 1/31/18 12:36 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12

Thanks Gwen! I am switching to a dense protein food plan today. I am going to take into consideration many of the meal options people are sharing in posts like these. I appreciate your comments.

ShirlAus
on 1/30/18 11:37 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Hump Day here in Australia. I am so glad Erin is through her surgery. Been thinking of her.

I have been super busy and reading posts when I can. Had a very sad night last night - got a call from our neighbour whilst having dinner out with my husband and son - she was having a miscarriage :( I went to the hospital and sat with her till they confirmed everything then my hubby came and picked me up. Feel for them so much. They have 2 gorgeous girls already.

Our offices are in chaos as we prepare to shut them down. I will be working from home from next Thursday which is wonderful but so much to do and co-ordinate before then. Plasterers coming today, Shredding collected for destruction yesterday, selling off furniture and fittings. Cleaning and sorting - the days just fly by at the moment so I apologise for not being around very much. One more week and Im hoping for more normality - and to retain my sanity ha ha ha

I have now officially lost 70% of my excess weight. I see the NUT next week so I will be curious to see what she says. I have moved my goal a little - up 5 kgs. Will see how I feel and look when I get there (24lbs to go) I wore a very fitted knee high dress yesterday - clings to the "curves" - something I wouldnt have dreamed possible 7 months ago. I got so many lovely comments from those I saw etc. Nice confidence boost. It was a designer dress that I picked up for $2 AUD in a thrift shop - great find !

QOTD: As a family we spent 2 weeks every summer down at the beach. Mum and Dad would save to book a caravan with an annex - same park every year. I never camped with my family but did a lot when I was in my late teens. Love to go on adventures and see new things. Just that horrible 4 lettered word gets in the way (WORK)

Bit disorganised due to getting home at 1am and back up at 5am for work

B: Chicken and Avocado Sandwich - will eat half

S: 2 Mini Babybel Cheeses

L: Leftover Crispy Chicken Pho with Egg noodles - doubt I will eat many noodles - lucky we have hungry chickens to eat my leftovers

D: TBD - something out of the freezer and likely an early night

Take care all

Shirley

yvonnef1964
on 1/30/18 12:49 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hello,

Qotd we camp a lot, going to the upper peninsula of Michigan for a couple weeks. Then we become seasonal campers at different places through the years.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D low carb beef stroganoff and green beans

Have a good day

Gwen M.
on 1/30/18 1:53 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I have many fond memories of camping on the UP as a kid!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 1/30/18 1:15 pm, edited 1/30/18 10:01 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Yesterday I went over on calories, but I stayed on the correct foods!!!

QOTD: My family used to go to Homestead and Ft Meyers Beach in Florida. We would stay with friends during spring break. We almost moved to Naples in '86, but decided to come and check out Tucson first. Thank God! A LOT less humidity!!!

AM: SF Peppermint White mocha with Fairlife, SF Torani Peppermint and SF 5 sparrows White chocolate

Bfast: my last packet of Brown sugar Instant cream of wheat

am/lunch: chicken breast, cottage cheese, and hummus!!!!

Just got new batteries for my scale. I'll get on it tomorrow morning...

D: Chicken Breast Cottage Cheese and hummus

S: PP Shake or Power Crunch Protein Bar

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/18 1:52 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Today has been pretty lazy, it's technically my Sunday. Was off yesterday and today, back to work tomorrow for two days then a nice three day weekend!

QOTD: I never took vacations when I was young, no family vacations of the sort really.

Breakfast - Coffee with PP shake

Lunch - Left over terriyaki chicken skewer and a steamed pork dumpling

Dinner - Not real sure, maybe an egg with cheese and green onion scrambled together

Snacks - Clementine, rest of my protein shake.

Most Active
Recent Topics