Encouragement greatly needed!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/24/18 12:00 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

That's a completely normal pace; it's actually unhealthy to lose at a faster rate than that for very long.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Twinmom527
on 1/23/18 6:41 pm

I try to get 5 small meals in. And I'm still working on liquids. Water still feels super thick and heavy. But I'm working on it. I try flavoring with lemon and I've been drinking the zero vitamin water.

Gwen M.
on 1/24/18 11:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

As long as the liquid is calorie-free (or super low cal), it's fine :) Some people have an easier time with the low-ph water, strangely enough? I read a post here a long time about it and how it felt less-thick to the person. So that might be worth trying?

It sounds like this is just normal weight loss, though, and you're doing great. The HUGE losses people see in the first month don't stick around as we get farther out. Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.

For me, I find that TrendWeight.com is a lifesaver for my mental state. It lets me know that I'm still trending in the right direction and, really, that trend is going to get me to my goal.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Twinmom527
on 1/24/18 11:57 am

Thank you for your insight. It's so easy to get caught up on the scale. I'm down 35 lbs since 12/1 when I was sleeved. I'm gonna try to change my thinking. I have 75 lbs to goal!?

Kjnelson
on 1/23/18 7:32 pm - AK
VSG on 10/11/17

You are probably doing just fine. Just make sure you weigh your foods so you can be certain about how much you are eating. Log everything right now. An extra piece here and there could make a difference. I find my body likes to lose slow for a week or two and then suddenly I drop 2 to 3 pounds in a couple days. Then back to slow again. Best wishes to you.

HW: 285. SW: 269. CW: 225

VSG on 10/11/2017

Not going to quit on myself.

Twinmom527
on 1/23/18 8:00 pm

Thank you!

theAntiChick
on 1/24/18 10:06 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Just some ideas for more protein.

Since you can drink milk, Eggface has this recommendation: Double Milk - 1 cup Milk mixed with 1/3 cup Nonfat Dry Milk Powder = 16 grams of protein per 8 oz. serving. You can add Sugar Free Syrups to change the flavor up. Great option if you run out of protein powder or it's a tight $$ month.

(You might even want to try it with the Fairlife and see how it tastes as that would be even more protein.)

Also, there are lots of non-whey protein powder options. My sister used a lot of egg white protein powder during her post-op period in all sorts of things. I don't know how it tastes, since I've been doing good with whey. But there are also soy, hemp, pea and other protein options out there.

I've also seen people talking about adding PB2 (peanut butter powder) to smoothies, as well as greek yogurt and chia seeds.

My protein goal based on my research into what you need for tissue recovery/repair, weight loss, and muscle building, is actually about 130g/day. I don't make it every day, but I try really hard to, and my surgeon gave me an absolute minimum of 75-80g/day.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Twinmom527
on 1/24/18 11:14 am

Trhank you so much for your suggestions! I'm gonna try the dry milk today!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/24/18 2:47 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Chill out, take a breath, then chill some more. You're doing ok, repeat that to yourself, I'm doing ok.

It's hard not to get caught up with what the scale says, but don't let it discourage you. You're more than your weight. Plus take measurements, not everything is reflected in the scale.

You're only 7 weeks out. Your body is still in WTF? mode. You're still healing & it might take awhile till you get your mojo back.

Find other sources of protein if you can't stand the shakes. Get in your water & vitamins too. You'll be ok.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mpattee
on 1/30/18 9:59 am
VSG on 11/29/17

Don't be discouraged.

My surgery was on November 29, 2017 so I am 61 days out, and I am beginning to notice that my weight loss is slowing. Weight loss will slow as you transition to solid foods and begin to work out. Working out builds your muscle which is heavier than fat so you can still be losing fat while building muscle. The more consistent you are with your commitment, the more you create a situation where your muscles begin to burn fat. At least this is what I have experienced.

Most Active
Recent Topics