Frustrated.

Marcysflightdiary
on 1/26/18 5:11 am
VSG on 09/05/17

It is more veggie and not fruity. 5 small pieces of pineapple and 4 small strawberries is not the bulk of the smoothie. 2 -3 cups of spinach and sometimes kale does not make it a fruity smoothie.

It's my body. Something is wrong. Will find out more next week.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/25/18 4:52 pm

Unless you have a serious metabolic - hormonal issues -you should be losing more in the first few months post op. At 9+ years post op - even now - if I eat as little as you do - I would be losing weight.

If you are not and you are eating as little as you say you do- you need to see a doc. Because they maybe something wrong with your hormonal issues.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Marcysflightdiary
on 1/25/18 7:33 pm
VSG on 09/05/17

I did see my surgeon today. I have some problems in my gut that is stressing my body and she said that is why my loss is slow. I go see a gastroenterologist next week.

Amy R.
on 1/25/18 10:09 pm

Glad to hear she is following up for you.

When every single thing we suggest here doesn't work or won't work it is definitely time to turn to the docs. There are so many decades of combined knowledge on how to be successful on this forum.

Quite honestly we very rarely see someone that has literally given every suggestion a try and has had no improvement at all.

Good luck.

mpattee
on 1/30/18 9:09 am
VSG on 11/29/17

Hi Marcy

You need to keep in mind that initially you are losing weight because of the tool. Eventually, you begin to eat more solids, exercise, and perform some muscle building. When exercising and lifting, you are building muscle, which actually weighs more than fat so you can expect your weight loss to either slow or stop all together. Consistency and commitment to the lifestyle will result in you achieving your goal.

Matt

Marcysflightdiary
on 1/30/18 10:25 am
VSG on 09/05/17

A pound is a pound, how can it weigh more? I believe it is denser and takes up less space. I do think that exercise is a component I can explore a bit further and see if changing up my routine more often would help keep the fire stoked a bit more.

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics