Frustrated.

Marcysflightdiary
on 1/25/18 10:56 am
VSG on 09/05/17

Yes I have read everything and tried everything. I do not eat carbs/grains/sugars/starches etc. I eat about 90-100g of protein a day and drink 80-120oz of water on a good day. I go to the gym 6 days a week and walk for 30 minutes and walk/jog for 30 minutes and then do strength training for 30 minutes.

I see my surgeon today so I hope to learn something but like I said everything they have told me to do, I have done. It is not working.

Amy R.
on 1/25/18 1:30 pm

So on the tracking thing. You're tracking your protein consumption. What was it for the last few days? You have actual numbers so don't need to round. What were the exact number of protein grams you consumed yesterday? Yes, some of this stuff really can get that exact. It's worth a look anyway?

Please come back and tell us what your surgeon says. We can all learn from the experiences of others and your post might help someone someday.

Marcysflightdiary
on 1/26/18 5:08 am
VSG on 09/05/17

1/25- 90g protein 10g net carb

1/24- 82g protein 15g net carb

1/23- 88g protein 20g net carb

1/22- 85g protein 10g net carb

None of this really matters because it is something wrong in my GI tract. I'll find out about an even stricter diet on Wednesday 1/31. Something even seasonings containing certain foods are causing my body to not absorb energy and therefore it thinks it is not getting fed. All I know if what they've told me.

It is clearly discouraging. Hopefully they can help me.

CJ On Orcas
on 1/26/18 8:59 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Net carbs? Are you not counting just straight carbs? That could be causing a problem... I know that when I eat those sugar free chocolates, I get some very bad intestinal irritation. And net carb counting subtracts fiber, right? What would your carb count be without subtracting fiber, sugar alcohols?

Interested in what your surgeon says... and hope you get some answers.

Marcysflightdiary
on 1/30/18 10:34 am
VSG on 09/05/17

I do not eat pre pkged foods. So no sugar free jello and no sugar free chocolates etc. The only thing I subtract fiber for is if I eat a bit of fruit (4-5 berries...blueberries, raspberries etc) or from veggies(Spinach, Kale, Green Beans, broccoli, peppers and onions etc) no potatoes or sweet potatoes and occasionally(once a week an ounce of zucchini or spaghetti squash). I do not have written down total carbs from the days listed above. I paper track.

I'm diabetic and that is why I always tracked net carbs to control my blood glucose levels. Which are awesome by the way. Last week my A1c is down from a 6.5 to a 5.5.

CJ On Orcas
on 1/30/18 11:47 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Sounds like you are very closely monitoring your food, which is great. I also have Type 2 diabetes, very well controlled with my new diet. 5.5 is great! I hope you get more data from your medical team, and that you will consider posting... your situation seems to be complicated. Good luck.

Amy R.
on 1/26/18 9:05 am

I missed this when I responded last night.

This likely not relevant in your case as it sounds like your doc confirmed you have other issues that have caused you to stop losing. However. The one thing that sticks out about your data - one last thing to try if you can't get it figured out completely to your satisfaction - is the net carbs numbers. Many people who do low carb don't use the "net" number. They calculate their carb grams based on the number of carbs in each food without allowing for the fiber and such that is deducted to get to a "net" number.

You probably have a path set out by your provider. But these threads are read by many more people than just those who post actively and I wanted to get that in here in case someone else is also at their wits end.

Good luck and when you find out exactly what's going on it would be really helpful for us here if you could post an update.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/25/18 2:06 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The strawberries, pineapple, and almond milk in your green smoothies have carbs/sugars in them.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/25/18 2:53 pm - OH

The pineapple is a poor choice from a carb standpoint. It is one of the fruits highest in carb content. The strawberries are low, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/25/18 2:48 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I think you need to drop the smoothies. Early out I used to make smoothies thinking that I was doing the right thing. My Dr encouraged me to eat more real food & it has worked well for me. If you must have a smoothie, make it more veggie like & less fruity like & the fruit really should be on the lower side of the glycemic index.

Also while I was working my way down, I had to change my protein, carb & calories ratio & up the water to get the scale moving again. Plus I see that you like to work out, which is great, but your body might be trying to adjust to your routine so it might be stalling you out. Maybe once it gets used to your routine it'll let the weight go.

Don't give up, you can do this

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics