Not losing any weight!

Sepster
on 1/23/18 7:03 am
VSG on 09/11/17 with

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Did you stop taking Celexa?

Olive1990
on 1/23/18 9:07 am

Yes I did Sepser, I was put on Cymbalta due to fibromyalgia pain. It has helped both my pain and my depression. Altho I am on a high dose because of pain control due to the fibromyalgia. I take 60 twice daily. But am doing fine. I'm 9 yrs post op and lost 230 pounds all together. I have put on 20 pounds and fight the stupid 20 (LOL) pounds a lot but i'd rather fight 20 pound than 230 pounds. Keep your head up, push forward, You CAN do this! Blessings to you, Olive1990

Sepster
on 1/23/18 10:36 am
VSG on 09/11/17 with

Hi Olive,

Thank you for your reply.

I read it's very difficult to come off of Celexa. I'm taking 40mg which is high. I also take Welbutrin 200mg.

I have Bi-polar so I have to be on a few medications! :-(

I think that I may be OK if it leaves my system without replacing it with another anti-depressant, but I don't think my doctor would go for that since my depression and anxiety used to be bad.

I am going to see him in a couple of weeks. We'll see what happens.

Jyshiver
on 1/23/18 11:03 am

Okay. I'm going to chime in again! My son is bipolar and on lots of med so I get it. See your doctor and get your mental health stable, then you can work on the weight loss. PLEASE don't change your meds without discussing it with your doctor! I was going to suggest the Deplin again, but I don't think it is recommended for Bipolar (or my son would be on it!)

Olive1990
on 1/23/18 11:45 am

Sepster, I would suggest you follow what your doctor suggests. I'm allergic to Wellbutrin and Zoloft so I have to go to different outlets. Since you've stated you deal with Bi-polar do you have bi-polar depression? Olive

Sepster
on 1/30/18 10:33 am
VSG on 09/11/17 with

My depression is currently under control! That's why am afraid of changing anything.

Olive1990
on 1/30/18 11:21 am

You know what they say, "If it's not broken, don't fix it". Just because you are stable doesn't mean you're cured! I've been through that recently and my "depression" kicked my butt. Guess "we" think "we" know it all and try desperately to get off meds, when in reality "we" really need them to stay "STABLE". I hope someday "I" will be able to go off of them, but if not "I" will accept that too! Blessings to you, OLIVE1990

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/23/18 11:47 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I have bipolar, and I currently take Celexa and Latuda. I've been on Wellbutrin in the past, but I've found that anything over 150mg/day makes me go manic.

Are you on any sort of antipsychotic or mood stabilizer? It looks like you're on two antidepressants, which can help when you bottom out, but it may be helpful to take something that will keep things steady. Lamictal is a very good one for that, and there are others as well.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Loki
on 1/22/18 11:13 am
VSG on 03/27/17

Please don't get frustrated. Easier said than done, but I have been there. I thought I would never lose it. I walked and walked ( I say I walked my ass off and I did). Now I am at my goal weight in less than ten months, I'm down 105 pounds. The first 4 to 5 months were really slow. Try to stay positive and make sure you eat enough and walk as much as you can. Good Health

Most Active
Recent Topics