Panera

Donna L.
on 1/16/18 3:02 pm, edited 1/16/18 7:02 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I tend to order a half salad or half sandwich at panera and adjust accordingly (ditch the bread and crunches, etc). Any plant matter not drenched with sugar that may be left is recycled into various meals. Protein and the avocado always get eaten first.

For instance, I get the grilled steak panini sans panini bread and no sauce/dressing. Usually I will also just eat salad protein and a few bites. I don't pour dressing on my salads any more...I usually just dip the fork first and then chase the protein, but I am highly sensitive to some tastes post-op, so that's more than enough. YMMV on dressing, of course.

Alternatively, I will just get the turkey chili if they have it, and split it into two small meals. My Panera also will let me order a chicken breast a la carte, so sometimes I'll get one diced, and eat it by dipping it into the chili.

When I forget lunch for work, or dinner, I go to Chipotle and order two sides of beef a la carte. Here it's just shy of $5, and it's got no carbage. Chipotle is one of the best options for me, since if I get a bowl with no beans or rice (veg instead) it's low carb and can last for 2-3 meals depending on what veggies I get. However, on fast days, the two sides fit the bill. I'll also get just a side of meat and one of guac, too.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Jeepnyak
on 1/25/18 12:41 pm
VSG on 07/03/17

There is a secret menu item-power bowls.

HW:320 SW:290 GW:190 CW:181

5'11", age 37 M1-28, M2-12, M3-16,

M4-15, M5-16, M6-5

M7-8(100lb goal) M8-4 M9-0

M10-5 M11-3 M12-0

Most Active
Recent Topics