Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 12/26/17

Kristi T.
on 12/26/17 10:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

That's a lovely gift Cecily!

Acedding27
on 12/26/17 8:41 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning! Yesterday was a *****allenging for me. I went back to work at my second job for the first time since surgery, and the 7 hours wore me out. We had "Christmas" when we got home, and for the first time, I felt jealous. I've been doing so well, but as everyone was chowing down on rotel, meatballs, pies. Etc that I had made, I found myself feeling uncharacteristically angry. I'm basically the head of the family, as we only have my mother left and she has dementia so its different... I can't really hide during all the festivities. HOWEVER, I felt a little better after having a talking to with myself and I did enjoy the evening. My mom really loved her gifts, so that was really special for me.

Anyway.

B: none yet...my doctors appointment was at 8am so I thought I would be home by now. Alas, I am still waiting. I'm going to be behind on my protein today..future self: take protein shakes with you in the morning!

L: hopefully a hard boiled egg with some salt and pepper...yum!

L2: 2 or 3 small meatballs that I made yesterday

D: protein chicken soup from BariatricPal

S: 2 oz. Of Greek yogurt, laughing cow wedge

My two week postop with my surgeon is in two days.

Kristi T.
on 12/26/17 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the rest of the evening after some positive self talk, it can be so hard, but you did great!

Kristi T.
on 12/26/17 9:53 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas. Not much in the way of plans today, maybe some groceries and a little cleaning. It's miserably cold again, 7 degrees. The town I was born in is 20 below zero today, so I am grateful we are not that! I feel so bad for all the animals that have to try and survive in such harsh conditions. 10 days until I leave for Palm Springs and it can't come soon enough. The hard part is leaving my dog Emmy. She stays at a good friends house and I know she will be fine, it's just heartbreaking when I drop her off. This time it will be a little longer than normal.

QOTD-We decided to not exchange gifts this year, but I did speak to my father on the phone for the first time in over a year(we exchange emails) so that would be the best gift since we don't have the best relationship.

B-4oz greek yogurt with 1tbsp pumpkin seeds

L-scrambled eggs

S-Chai tea w/SF vanilla syrup and cream

D-some kind of protein and veggie, not sure yet.

E-I tried walking yesterday and it was way too cold, not sure about today.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Jessvsg87
on 12/26/17 1:07 pm
VSG on 11/27/17

Favorite memory from the holidays is being little and spending time with my grandparents who have since passed away.my grandparents we're good loving people and Christmas was always special with them..so TMI but i was super constipated and hadn't had a BM in two days so last night i took a normal dose of milk of magnesia well i guess since being sleeved my stomach is more sensitive because it woke me up at 530 this morning with the runs and i have had the runs all day I'm now feeling super dehydrated like i can't get enough water in ughhh

M1 premier protein

M2 turkey meatballs

M3 fish

snacks 1/2 premier protein and light baby bell cheese

TeenSleever
on 12/26/17 1:36 pm

While i was able to eat my protein during Christmas i ate so many sweets and desserts! Back on track today though.

QOTD - hmm i think my favourite is probably gift cards from the bookstore because i love to read but i also like picking my own books hahaha

B: boiled egg, light laughing cow cheese, and raw almonds

L: chicken meatballs with some honey mustard and salsa

S: combat crunch cookie dough protein bar

D: cooked turkey breast

Loads of coffee and tea throughout the day

Most Active
Recent Topics