Whatcha Eating Today VSGers Saturday 12/23/17

Erin T.
on 12/23/17 4:21 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning. I was up all night with a child with a stomach virus. Not what we needed just before Christmas, but we'll live. I'm terrible at food/drink when my children are sick, so today I will be focusing hard on water, coffee, and more decaf coffee! I hope I can get a nap because I only got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep total, I think. I also have to prepare all the food for Christmas Eve, which I will do after bleaching everything in sight! Luckily, most of it I can do tomorrow if need be.

I am not planning on posting for the next couple of days, as we'll be busy with family functions (barring we aren't a sick household by then!). If someone wants to take over, feel free!

QOTD: Do you have a Christmas Eve tradition? We have family over for appetizers and the girls get to open a set of PJ's. This year Jon and I got matching PJ's to them (just buffalo plaid pants with white t-shirts). We're hoping we can all take a photo together.

11 months post-op/Maintenance/129.2lbs (if you asked me a year ago if I'd ever see the 120's I would have laughed and laughed at you).

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Sausage, Cheese

M3: TBD

M4: TBD

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: None or if we get snow instead of freezing rain I might pop out into the yard on my snowshoes or skis for the first time this year.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Ladyblu
on 12/23/17 5:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Erin, I'm so sorry you have a sick kiddie. Not fun for you or them this close to Christmas! I hope no one else gets sick and kiddo feels better soon.

I am going to spend the day at home ALONE today. This rarely happens. Mom is going to visit my nephews and DH is heading to his shop. I'm torn between getting a bunch of stuff done or taking a nap, undisturbed. Might try and get both in.

QOTD: Our Christmas Eve tradition is to have the grand-kids and rest of family over and we do a Birthday Party for Jesus. We do the story of the birth with songs with a Power Point on the big screen TV and have the kids put the figurines in the creche at the right parts of the story. Then we sing happy birthday and have a cake with candles. The kids get to blow out the candles. I usually make finger foods, this year I'm making a Spinach Christmas Tree, Little Smoky Wreath, Sausage & Cheese Tray, Veg Tray, Dip and an Olive Tray,

M1: Coffee, Vanilla PP shake and Miralax

M2: Brisket, egg, onion and portabella mushroom with cheese

M3: Shrimp

M4: PP Shake

M5: Sous vide chicken breast w/ cheese & green beans

S: Something with protein and no/low carbs depending on what gets eaten above.

E: Nothing formal.

Water and vits on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/23/17 5:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a beautiful tradition! Enjoy your "me" time today.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/23/17 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Erin, I don't miss the days of sick children. I hope it doesn't travel to others. We had one Christmas when everyone including visiting family contracted a 24 hour flu at Christmas. We laugh about that year now, but it was such a mess - literally bodies in beds and on couches everywhere.

QOTD: For 20+ years our tradition was to go with the kids and MIL to a friends for Christmas Eve dinner. They invited all their family and friends every year. That stopped when we moved 3 years ago. The last few years DSD has come (used to come late Christmas Day at the prior house) and we have gone out to dinner at a local restaurant which is one of the only ones open that evening and is beautifully decorated. On Christmas we would go to SIL's home in the evening for Christmas dinner. This year Christmas dinner is at SIL's on Christmas Eve because Christmas is on Monday.

1 year, 9 months post-op:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Crack slaw

S: Possible bites/nibbles when we visit relatives today

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Erin T.
on 12/23/17 5:32 am
VSG on 01/17/17

My BFF suffered through a Christmas like that too. Even her brother and his g/f that were visiting were down with it. At the time she and her husband both had it and so did their kids except for her 6 week old baby. She still has nightmares about it Luckily, my kids are pretty much able to handle things for themselves. I mostly just stay up with them because another person is a nice distraction and everyone wants Mom when their sick right?

Both girls got a horrible stomach virus 2 days before we were due to leave for home on our OBX vacation in May. We were all stuck in a room with one king bed to try and avoid the other 10+ people in the house from getting it. We managed not to spread it and made it home without us catching it. I'm hoping that is our nightmare story, lol!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

azmichy
on 12/23/17 10:02 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I had the stomach flu one year that came on 2 days before Xmas. I was at work and was so sick that my BFF had to come down to the office and pick me up and take me to the doctor. Never want to repeat and hope no one else in your house comes down with it.

QOTD: We do Xmas eve at our house with the family and make a Mexican themed dinner. We wear PJs and watch our favorite Christmas movies. We are doing it tonight due to my SIL having to go out of town to see her husband tomorrow (he has to work and works out of town). On Christmas day we will go to my in-laws and open gifts with them in the afternoon and have Prime Rib for dinner.

B - coffee w/HH + Miralax - Oikos triple Zero w/ 1T of mixed nuts and 1/2 of a banana

S1 - 1/2 protein shake (trying to push my protein today)

L - LO steak salad

S2 - 1/2 protein shaek

D - We are having tamales, queso, guac, jalepeno poppers, stuffed mini peppers, and meat and cheese. I plan to have a taste of everything, but I am sure I won't be able to eat as much as I plan. :)

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Kristi T.
on 12/23/17 10:13 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Erin I am so sorry about your sick child, hopefully she will feel better by tomorrow and no one else in the family will come down with it.

It's absolutely beautiful here today. I can actually see the big blue sky! The clear skies and sun bring extremely cold days though, but I will take it. Woke to 9 degrees below zero at 5:00am, it has warmed to a tropical 10 degrees now. I tried to get a good picture of the steam coming off the lake, the picture barely reflects it though.

QOTD-Since I can remember we have always had peanut oil fondue. We fondue steak, mushrooms, breaded cauliflower and shrimp(dipped in tempura batter). After my parents divorced my brother carried on the tradition with his family. I took up the tradition again about 4 years ago. Tomorrow night it will be my mom, uncle, a good friend and her husband. I will have everything prepared by the end of the day today so all that will be left is cleaning the house tomorrow.

B-Yogurt w/chia, flax and pumpkin seeds

L-leftover tuna salad

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia, 1/2 apple

D-Homemade chili

E-Continue shoveling snow and hike with Emmy

I hope everyone has wonderful day and if you are traveling today, please stay safe.

CC C.
on 12/23/17 1:06 pm

Wow, how gorgeous is that?!

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/17 4:06 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Beautiful picture!

CC C.
on 12/23/17 1:16 pm

Hey all!

Not much happening with me today other than chores and errands. I'm going to cook a brisket my mom used to make with cranberries and portobello mushrooms to seal up in my food saver for me for later. Our Christmas dinner will be prime rib, but I'm not supposed to be on regular food by then, just soft still. The hard part is I feel totally normal. But I don't want anything to undo my surgery. So I'll obey, but I'm gonna be crabby about it!

QOTD: Our only Christmas Eve tradition was that I used to get a nighttime related gift like jammies to open early. With my mom gone that doesn't happen anymore, but the memories of it warm my heart. The rest of our Christmas celebrations and dinner have always been Christmas Day. Christmas Day when I was a kid, I would have one unwrapped toy under the tree from "Santa" to play with until my parents were ready to get out of bed.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - ricotta bake

D - soup

S - pumpkin pie slice (why did I buy this?! I love it too much), protein shake

Most Active
Recent Topics