Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 12/19/17

Ladyblu
on 12/20/17 1:58 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

So sorry to hear about the storm. Hope it turns out ok.

Your new pic is darling! You are adorable.

ShirlAus
on 12/20/17 11:24 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks Ladyblu - Looking highly likely that my car will be a write off but cant change it so just have to move on. Not the best time of year for it to happen with so many expenses etc

Thank you for the lovely compliment x

Acedding27
on 12/19/17 5:44 pm, edited 12/19/17 9:46 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good evening! (Better late than never, I say!) I've been pretty busy today. A teacher friend dropped off all of my kiddos' final exams. I teach 10th grade and my exam was an evidence-based essay, so these take quite a while to grade. Honestly, I enjoyed having something constructive to do.

QOTD: Honestly, anyone would dishearten me. I think a woman would particularly make me sad, because (and I know this is unfair) I like to think that women would be more understanding and not coerce or force others into sexual acts. Ellen and Amy Schumer would particularly break my heart.

Well, I am 5 days post-op and doing pretty well. I still haven't been able to get in 80-96 oz. of liquid like my surgeon has on my plan, but I'm trying. Today, I tried to ensure I was taking 2 oz. of liquid every 20 minutes but it's still uncomfortable sometimes. I'm grateful that I haven't vomited once (knock on wood!) as I REALLY hate to vomit. I've had today:

16 oz. of Premier Protein chocolate shake (1 and part of one that I couldn't finish yesterday)

22 oz. of crystal light (with a half dose of Miralax mixed in, come on BM!)---still working on crystal light

2 oz. of Vanilla Greek Yogurt OIKOS triple 0

My plan seems a little different than most. On my Full Liquid list that my surgeon gave me for the first 7 days, I also get to have no sugar added, fat-free greek yogurt and sugar free pudding. I graduate to soft foods on day 7, which will be Thursday. I think this is the earliest that I've seen, but all of his patients do so well that I'm not too concerned. Scrambled eggs are on the soft list that he gave me, and I am so hoping that I still like them. Eggs have always been one of my favorites! I'll get some smaller farm-fresh ones from a friend down the road since I know I'll only be able to take a bite or two for awhile.

I'm sort of in shock that this surgery that I've worked so hard to get is already over. I'm less worried about complications as I'm feeling a little better each day.

Have a good night!

Pre-op: -30 pounds

Week 1: -8 pounds (so far!)

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

Most Active
Recent Topics