Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 12/19/17

Ladyblu
on 12/19/17 9:59 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Happy Tuesday everyone! Well, I had my 3 month follow up this morning and my surgeon was pleased with my progress. She paid me a lovely compliment. She called me her poster child. It made me feel good. I went in with print outs of my blood sugars, daily BP's, and daily macro counts and she loved them. She said to not change a thing I'm doing, but might have me reduce another of my BP medications. She also suggested that I start taking biotin as it "could" possibly help with the hair loss. What the heck... I'll give it a go. She also ordered about 100 different labs (slight exaggeration) so I will have those done as I can afford them. So price shopping we will go. She is very anxious to see what my A1C is now as my sugars hover around 85 and never top 110 anymore. Prior to surgery, I was never below 110!

QOTD: Hmmm... I would have to say Sam Elliott. He has supported the women who have come forward against other men. I'd hate to find out that he was a hypocrite. And he is just so... so... Mmmm.

M1: Laughing cow wedge, pistachios and almonds

M2: 2 Jack Link Turkey Sticks

M3: 3 oz Poached chicken breast with vegan cheese sauce.

M4: Faye, protein powder and almond butter

M5: Snow crab stuffed mushroom soup made from leftovers (paired with grilled cheese for the family) (didn't make this last night)

S: Something with protein and no/low carbs depending on what gets eaten above.

E: None today.

Water and vits on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

azmichy
on 12/19/17 10:59 am
VSG on 10/24/17

That reminded me - I saw my GP yesterday for my annual exam so he will keep prescribing my RXs. My A1C is down to 4.8 (hasn't been below 5 in like 5 years), BP was 100/65 (I have never had a BP that low), and my BS was 86.

My LDL is still running high but I want to wait until the 6 month with my surgeon to see how it is. That will be 4 months from now. I am NOT adding another medication, but he was itchy to write that script..I could tell.

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Kristi T.
on 12/19/17 10:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone! Woke up to snow, we are supposed to get 16 inches by 11am tomorrow according to the winter advisory. Looks like it's going to be a white Christmas in Montana:-)

QOTD-George Clooney, but Tom Hanks would be a major disappointment as well.

B-plain Greek yogurt w/SF pudding mix and pumpkin seeds

L-Tuna w/mayo, 1/2 small apple

S-Chai tea with cream and stevia

D-grilled hamburger patty and steamed broccoli

S-cottage cheese

E-Walk with Emmy

Have a great day everyone!

ShirlAus
on 12/19/17 11:42 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All, Hump Day for me ...... Had an eventful night. We had a very hot and windy day, my husband and I were driving to my work dinner when we got stuck in a huge hail storm. There was basicially nothing we could do but keep driving. So big I thought they would smash the windscreen. It was too dark to access the damage last night so I will look soon. No doubt there is an insurance claim coming this week. Ugggg.

QOTD: There are quite a few but yes Tom Hanks would definately be one of them

B: Brie Cheese & Crackers (4)

S: 2 x Babybel Cheese

L: Leftover Veal Scallopini & Green Beans from last nights dinner

D: Thai - out to dinner again with friends

Have a nice night all

Shirley

CC C.
on 12/19/17 4:15 pm

I love your new profile pic! Darling hair...

ShirlAus
on 12/19/17 4:17 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Aww thank you - I had it cut and coloured yesterday before I went to my work christmas dinner. Its getting shorter and shorter as its about half the volume it was - gotta love that hair loss thing huh

Hoping it slows down soon and as you have said in the past I then dont look like a Chia Pet when it starts to grow back he he he

CC C.
on 12/19/17 4:21 pm

When I have a chance I'm going to try to capture a picture of mine standing straight up on my head. I have to paste it down with hairspray!

I had mine cut today - about 3" off. It really fluffed it up!

ShirlAus
on 12/19/17 4:26 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

He he he - the things we do huh

So you are about 4 months ahead of me - so there is light at the end of the tunnel? Glad to hear you are getting volume back. My fringe is all whispy and half the thickness it used to be. Im not complaining about thinner hair as we head into summer. Was nearly 100 here yesterday then crazy hailstorm that we got caught driving in - thinking my poor car may be a write off with all the damage. Waiting for assessment early next year

Oh well - its insured and no one was injured - all things into perspective

CC C.
on 12/19/17 4:29 pm

Oh no! Hail can be so damaging. I went to college in Colorado and you would frequently see cars with baseball sized dents all over, clearly caught in a mammoth hailstorm at some point. Glad you are okay!

ShirlAus
on 12/19/17 4:34 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Yeah we are both fine and Im thankful we didnt take Hubbys new Ute - I think he would have cried... Mine has extensive damage to the bonnet and roof - over 50 dents each spot and the hailstones have punched through the window surrounds on the drivers side door and passengers. Reminds me of an Orange Skin when you look at it

Nothing that we could do about it - so just have to deal with and thankfully fully covered by insurance

Keep resting and healing :)

Most Active
Recent Topics