NSV, Hair Loss, and Upcoming Event

Ladyblu
on 12/19/17 10:19 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

I looked up Toppik and this seems like a possibility! Thank you for the idea!

I'm not worried about the food issue. I never really overate in public. I was always a secretive eater, I'm more worried about the interaction with the group of social piranhas. Thank you for the idea though, I'll let you know how I do.

azmichy
on 12/19/17 9:26 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Diane - congrats on your NSV. That is a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE one. I know that moving towards normal is such a motivator.

I would walk in there and be the bigger person you are. With government jobs - especially those with elected officials - you know that situations can always change and you don't want to burn any bridges with those who valued your work. You never know when the tides may change. I know it will be hard - I can carry a grudge - but once you make it through I think you will be able to make peace like you said.

I am a strong believer in "everything happens for a reason" and there is a bigger plan for you for sure.

Best - Michelle

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Ladyblu
on 12/19/17 10:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Thank you so much. Normal is something I would have labeled myself for so very long.

I agree with you. Burning bridges is never a good idea. I will go in and be pleasant and social and reconnect with the people who valued my skills and work ethic. I am also a believer in karma. What goes around, does eventually come around.

Kristi T.
on 12/19/17 9:41 am, edited 12/19/17 1:42 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Congratulations on your NSV Ladyblu, that's a big one! I love this quote and use it for myself often! Enjoy your Christmas party with your head held high, you will be amazing!

Ladyblu
on 12/19/17 10:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Thank you Kristi! I've been thinking and one of the messages I'm going to put out on Thursday is how happy I am about the job separation as it has now given me the ability to land a job where the pay is commensurate with my abilities. I will also put forth the notion that I'm glad to see that when the Sheriff's office identified a position that was no longer necessary and was duplication of duties that they took the steps to eliminate it. As a taxpayer, that is very fiscally responsible.

I'm going to kill them with grace and kindness. Mwahahahahahaha!

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/17 1:43 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Congratulations on your progress, and by all means, go to the party and spend some time with your friends and friendly coworkers! Living well and being successful is the best way to show those who are against you that they do not matter.

As for that hair loss thing, I can't help you. I'm a guy, and started losing hair rapidly when I was 19. I've been doing the Jean Luc Picard thing for the last 30 years.

Ladyblu
on 12/20/17 1:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Thank you Bill. BTW... Patrick Stewart was voted the sexiest man alive.

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/17 3:24 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I've got a Patrick Stewart noggin and a James Earl Jones voice. Women come on to me all the time, but it is more like flirting with Grandpa because he is safe. Besides, I've been happily married for almost 34 years. My wife just rolls her eyes when women get frisky.

CC C.
on 12/19/17 4:13 pm

I'm so excited for you and your seatbelt, Diane, that's awesome!

As for the hair, everyone is right, it sucks, but it does fall out for most people. I have tried Toppik and have liked it. It's got sort of an air bulb on the top of the container and when you press it, it puffs the fibers out where you apply them. Mine came with a little plastic stencil to use on the front hairline to mimic the irregularity of the hairs there. My bangs got thin from PCOS even pre-surgery, so that's where I've used it. And on My FitnessPal I have a friend who got a wig and it is so darn cute, stylish and real looking, that it totally changed my mind about wigs. There are options, and your hair should come back in time! I look like I've been electrocuted with all my short hairs sticking up.

Ladyblu
on 12/20/17 1:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Thank you Cecily. I am definitely going to explore the Toppik option. If losing a few hairs is the cost of losing what amounts to a small family that I carry around, it is well worth the cost.

Most Active
Recent Topics