Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 12/18/17

Cathy H.
on 12/18/17 2:16 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Thanks, my friend! Feeling better this afternoon, so it was one of those 24-hour bugs, thank goodness!!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

ShirlAus
on 12/18/17 11:43 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Back in the office after a hot night. Expecting around 100 today and its already well on the way. Have my work Christmas party tonight - dinner out - will probably have garlic prawns entree size. Getting my hair (whats left of it) cut and coloured in preparation for Christmas break. 4 more days and I start holidays finally...... But who is counting - oh thats right me. Everything is on track with all the tradies to finish our mini house on Saturday. Last one in will be the electrician. Super excited. We saw the tiled floors and shower when up there on the weekend and I heaved a huge sigh of relief. I had picked a tile that looked like polished concrete and hoped it would give the right look. Hardest thing picking off a small sample but it looks great Im pleased to say and will be very practical for a farm with red dirt, dogs and food traffic.

QOTD: I used to sing in the church choir when I was younger but wouldnt say I can sing as such I sing along in the car and Hubbys ears dont bleed so guess thats something huh

B: Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich (1/2)

S: 2 x Babybel Cheese

L: Leftover Red Curry Beef and Soft Shell Crab - dinner out for our anniversary last night

D: TBD as out to dinner again - garlic prawns?

Have a great night all

Shirley

NewBeginnings18
on 12/26/17 9:55 am
VSG on 12/20/17

Hello all! I had my gastric sleeve this past Wednesday, 12/20. I grew up always at a normal weight, and started gaining slowly but steadily around 5 yrs ago, and was in denial for a long time that I had a problem. When I finally started to try making changes, I tried various programs/diets but petered out with all of them. I am hoping this procedure will finally be the tool that allows me to make progress! I am around 70 pounds over my desired, normal for my height, weight. I am hoping to use this site to hear others' stories, to help stay motivated and accountable, and get advice from those who have stood in my shoes. This group appealed to me as it seems to contain people who had the same procedure as me, and I really like the idea of seeing what/how much people are eating, and getting ideas that way when I am past the recovery stage and adjusting to a whole new diet. Would appreciate any tips on how this group works and if you think I'm in the right spot, as well as any other groups you'd recommend joining!

One struggle I could use support with is that I am finding that this i****ting me emotionally much harder than I anticipated and am experiencing bouts of feeling very low, and kind of mourning the loss of food in my life, if that makes sense. I have really come to rely on food as a comfort when I am feeling stressed/emotional/at a loss, etc. It has been the thing that grounds me, so I feel a bit unanchored...not sure if there are any groups focused on this emotional side of things?

Gwen M.
on 12/26/17 11:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi! It certainly comes up in coversation here. If you can - find a therapist to work with during this time. That can help you to figure out the mental side of the equation for weight loss and maintenance. The surgery fixes our stomachs, but that is not the organ that got us to obesity in the first place. Fixing our heads is equally important - if not more so! Other support groups might help as well (outside of these forums). Your hospital might offer one, or there might be other local options. There are even some programs that offer group counseling for bariatric patients and allow any bariatric patient to attend.

It can be a challenging new lifestyle to adapt to. Thankfully there are options for help. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 12/26/17 11:27 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I should have started with "OH is a great forum and welcome!" You can definitely post here about any of your concerns and we'll all do our best to help out.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics