Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, December 9, 2017

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/9/17 4:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. It is cool and rainy this morning in Florida: today the high will be in the 60s, low in the 40s. People here are getting out their winter jackets! It is still warmer than home where we fly on Monday where part of the state is supposed to get half a foot of snow tonight. When we get home, I WILL put on the winter jacket. Just as well it is cooler here as I can attack some projects I have been putting off.

QOTD: What are your favorite VSG friendly meals? Mine is my breakfast which I have every morning (1/4 C eggbeaters, 1/2 C cottage cheese, and 1 slice Canadian bacon). I cut the Canadian bacon into small pieces and stir it into the eggbeaters and cottage cheese, then microwave for 2 minutes on high. The cottage cheese melts and it is nice and gooey. I have also added sautéed peppers at times.

1 year, 8 months post-op, maintenance:

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Chicken and veggies or crack slaw

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Erin T.
on 12/9/17 5:02 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I keep thinking it's Sunday because I took the day off yesterday. I have a group project to work on today and might get to the fitness center for a run. It's nice not to have a fully planned weekend!

QOTD: Well, I think I've said it a million times put plain whole fat greek yogurt is my favorite food. I add a bunch of different things to it. I also love eggs, boneless skinless chicken thighs, and I'm really partial to roasted veggies in small portions as a side dish. Fish and seafood hit the top of the list too. Oh, and we can't forget coffee with heavy cream. Sometimes I end up having several TBSP of heavy cream on days where I'm at home.

10 months post-op/Maintenance/132.4lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Fage 2% w/ SF Pudding Mix and Walnuts

M3: Egg salad mixed with Avocado and Bacon

M4: Tilapia and Veggies

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: I have to go work with my group today, so I may hit the fitness center for a run first.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/9/17 6:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I actually did a short "run" today (maybe 1/2 mile)! I used to run when young and thin. I started back then by running short spurts and gradually lengthening them. I don't think I would ever get to the point I was at when young though as I'd be worried about my knees (used to run 8 miles daily).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 12/9/17 9:44 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good for you Liz, a 1/2 mile is awesome!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/17 7:11 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning everyone. I am doing a little experimenting with food today. I don't yet know how my new job will work, if there is a break room to store cold foods, or not since they glazed over that during orientation. In no way will I be eating from the cafeteria, so I want to experiment with protein heavier main meals, with one of them being something I don't need to have put in the fridge, and then snacks that also don't need that refrigeration, so no yogurt until I know what can and can't be stored away! Good news is, if I can store yogurt there is little to no risk in someone snagging my plain greek yogurt cup lol!

Qotd: I don't know if I can tell you my favorite VSG friendly meal. Maybe snack I have a favorite, which isn't technically a snack. Through the day I use about half a protein shake either vanilla, or chocolate and add to a couple cups of coffee. I love it, it tastes better than any creamer and sweetens it all on its own. To piggy back onto the question, my least liked vsg meals are eggs! I can't stand them. I didn't even eat that many of them on the softer foods phase, to be honest, but still when I start eating an egg I just shudder and absolutely cannot get it in.

Breakfast - Same thing as always! Nature's Own Wheat + Protein with Greek yogurt cream cheese. This time I planned to add a slice of bacon for more protein, but as it turns out I'm out

Lunch - Starkist lower sodium tuna in water packet with 2 RyVita sesame crackers, the only lower cal and lower carb cracker I could find, so let's hope they taste okay, one packet of light miracle whip.

Dinner - 90% lean ground beef with tbl of cheese sauce for a little extra flavor.

Snacks - pb2 with a couple of celery sticks, protein shake today.

Water - Will be better than I was yesterday, that's for sure.

Exercise - Plan to do a bit of running, but feeling pretty down still after yesterday so not much else. Plus it's cold and I'm losing my natural insulation.

If all my meals go as planned, I'm over my protein goal, under my carb limit, and am still sitting under 800 calories. 7-800 cals are what I like to stay around, my energy seems to plummet on days I fall too low. Definitely don't want that in a job where being on my feet and helping my sweet little dementia patients with their day-to-day is my whole day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/9/17 7:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

If you don't have a fridge at work, look into Packit lunchbags and coolers. I used them for my lunches - they are fantastic.

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/17 11:01 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I have seen those around a bit. Do they really keep things cold for that long? I work a 12 hour shift, so it would likely have to keep it cold 6 hours or so.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/9/17 2:26 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I would pack mine at 5 am and it would definitely keep my lunch cold until 12-1 (so 7-8 hours).

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/17 2:46 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

If it turns out they don't have a fridge, I will definitely have to get me a packit lunch box!

Ladyblu
on 12/9/17 11:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Try Parmcrisps as a cracker... (Almost no carbs). You can search for other quantities or pick just one flavor, (I usually buy mine at Sams Club):

https://www.amazon.com/Assortment-Pack-Kitchen-Table-Bakers/ dp/B0757X86S1/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1512847190&sr=8-3& keywords=parm+crisps

They are very good. Do put them in their own baggie though and not against meat or cheese or they will get not stay crunchy.

Another option is a bento box (insulated). These are pricey, but well worth it. Kept meals piping hot and brrrr cold for me for over 12 hours.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000246GSE/ref=oh_aui_sear ch_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jerky is also another high protein option, jus****ch the carbs as some brands sneak in a lot of sugar.

Most Active
Recent Topics