Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 12/8/17

Jessvsg87
on 12/8/17 1:23 pm
VSG on 11/27/17

I love gold and red for Christmas decorations.honestly I'm into any decoration that has glitter/bling on it..christmas is my fav holiday the decorations are just the cherry oon top of the cake ???

M1 premier protein

M2 soup

M3 sugar free pudding

M4 soup and half a premier protein

Jess Says Yes
on 12/8/17 5:24 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Congrats on getting even closer to your next goal! So exciting!

QOTD: my favorite Christmas color is GLITTER! Last year I realized that at least 80% of our holiday decor is covered in glitter. My tree ornaments are glittery silver and dark red with some fun random ornaments hidden throughout the branches (Darth Vader, a golden whale, Sven from frozen, a baby fox, etc). But the general vibe is sparkle.

M1 - Protein shake

m2 - Caprese salad

M3 - rotisserie chicken and brocolli

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/17 6:32 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I am going to post what I ate today to make sure I keep myself accountable. I had to put my dog of 11 years to sleep today, she had cancer and I made the choice not to operate to remove the tumor when my vet told me where it was and what it was was very very likely to have spread and would come back. So I held onto her until she started getting sick. Today was the day I finally had to take her in. My mistake was I took her to a different vet since the one I like is closed Friday-Sunday. This vet made me feel like absolute garbage for putting my dog down. He said it could have been operated on in his opinion, but he thought it was more a money issue instead of the fact that my normal vet told me this cancer would likely come back later on since it was so common in female dogs. He gave me the worst feeling and made me feel beyond guilty. I already had a lot of guilt, because who doesn't in those moments?

Anyway, so my food day has been pretty pitiful.

Breakfast - Nature's Own Wheat + Protein with Greek cream cheese

Lunch - Nothing

Dinner - A couple of oz of mashed potatoes

Snacks - nothing

Water - nothing

I suppose the only "good" thing I can say is that I think I've gone the opposite of how I used to be. A bad, bad day I would eat anything I could get my hands on. Today I just didn't want anything. Nothing sounded good.

CC C.
on 12/8/17 7:17 pm

Aw, Mersh, I'm so very sorry. And I'm sorry you were made to feel bad. The kindest thing we can do is let go of a pet who is suffering. It was a loving act to spare her more suffering. Giant hugs to you.

Kristi T.
on 12/9/17 9:28 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart breaks for you. No Vet should ever, ever, ever pass judgement this way and try to make someone feel bad about a decision that is already so hard to make. His/her job is to ease suffering, not prolong it. I'm sorry this happened to you! Take good care of yourself.

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/17 10:59 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you for your kind words. It is a vet I will definitely never go back to.

Ladyblu
on 12/9/17 3:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

I am so sorry to hear about your puppy. We've done this 3 times in the last several years. It never gets any easier. Some vets are a%%'es. As much as my dogs are family and I treat them children, there still is a difference between animals and humans.

I'm so sorry the vet made you feel so bad. In my opinion, you made the right decision. I imagine your baby playing with my Swani, George and Mangus just over the rainbow bridge enjoying the sunshine and chasing butterflies. They will be there for us when we cross over. Happy and healthy and full of life the way we should remember them. And I think they are thankful that we didn't make them suffer since they can't tell us where it hurts or how bad it hurts. IMHO

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/17 3:11 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you so much for those kind words. They really make me feel better

Most Active
Recent Topics