My surgery is in 12 hours or so!

Jessvsg87
on 12/4/17 10:03 pm
VSG on 11/27/17

You got this stay focused..make sure you bring comfy clothes for the drive home and a comfy lap blanket from home. It felt good to be cuddled up in a blanket from home instead of hospital sheets

ReinaS
on 12/6/17 10:30 pm
VSG on 12/05/17

So, I made it out alive.. I really though at one point that I'm not going to make it, because it was so painful and I was only throwing up. Thankfully it didn't last for over a day and the nurses here were soooo amazing. I will be in clinic for one more day and then can go home. So I will be staying 4 nights and 5 days in total. Feeling already much better. Thank god!!

SW: 256lbs, GW: 165lbs, height: 5ft6

pre-op: -21lbs M1: -30lbs M2: -18lbs M3: -16lbs

NuMe2018
on 12/7/17 9:07 pm
On December 7, 2017 at 6:30 AM Pacific Time, ReinaS wrote:

So, I made it out alive.. I really though at one point that I'm not going to make it, because it was so painful and I was only throwing up. Thankfully it didn't last for over a day and the nurses here were soooo amazing. I will be in clinic for one more day and then can go home. So I will be staying 4 nights and 5 days in total. Feeling already much better. Thank god!!

Sorry to hear that you had a difficult time. Did you have complications? I do hope that you feel better now.

ReinaS
on 12/9/17 8:00 am
VSG on 12/05/17

they didn't say I had any complications but they did say I was vomiting much more than regular patients. I did that like 5-6 times an hour for almost 24 hours, then it went better. I had maxed out the medicine against painkillers and nausea quite fast during the first days. It's still a little hard for me to drink water, I want to throw up fast if I don't walk it down. With food (like yogurt or broth) there is no such thing, just the water sometimes wants to come up.

I'm 4 days post op now, but I'm feeling soooooo much better than I did after my surgery. The worst part was 24hours post-op, then it was better. No complications so far! But I was super surprised over my pee in the morning, it was completely blue from the contrast thing they flushed down my gut to seek for leaks :D

SW: 256lbs, GW: 165lbs, height: 5ft6

pre-op: -21lbs M1: -30lbs M2: -18lbs M3: -16lbs

NuMe2018
on 12/10/17 4:25 pm
On December 9, 2017 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, ReinaS wrote:

they didn't say I had any complications but they did say I was vomiting much more than regular patients. I did that like 5-6 times an hour for almost 24 hours, then it went better. I had maxed out the medicine against painkillers and nausea quite fast during the first days. It's still a little hard for me to drink water, I want to throw up fast if I don't walk it down. With food (like yogurt or broth) there is no such thing, just the water sometimes wants to come up.

I'm 4 days post op now, but I'm feeling soooooo much better than I did after my surgery. The worst part was 24hours post-op, then it was better. No complications so far! But I was super surprised over my pee in the morning, it was completely blue from the contrast thing they flushed down my gut to seek for leaks :D

Yikes! Now that is scary. I don't like throwing up with no surgery. Can only imagine how bad it is after VSG.

Everyone is so different. Some people have no issues at all and some people have issues like you did. Glad to hear that the worst is behind you now.

Can't wait to get mine over and done with.

Most Active
Recent Topics