Labs came back...Low ALK PHOS again. WTF?

NuMe2018
on 12/3/17 3:54 pm
On December 3, 2017 at 7:03 PM Pacific Time, Rouxful wrote:

I should definitely mention I haven't really been supplementing at all the last six months, and only sporadically since my surgery. But the last time my reading was low I think I was, indeed, supplementing with a multi and B12 complex and had the same symptoms.

The only thing I can think of for what might be behind this, which I know is not good, is that these symptoms started when I shifted from less protein to more carbs. Since I was still able to control my gain, I thought it meant things were okay, but one of the causes of low AP is apparently poor protein absorbtion through low stomach acidity, etc. This might be because I got in the foolish habit of drinking too soon after meals. I've tried to remedy this lately by waiting after meals once more and my reflux, at least, seems greatly reduced.

I am going to send an email to my PCP to first get his opinion on the matter, but if I don't hear back or he seems to think it's nothing I'm going to go ahead and email Bariatrics to ask for a followup.

This is so frustrating, but I have a feeling I've only got myself to thank for this mess.

I wanted to ask you if you had been keeping up with your protein. The low amount in your blood stems from not getting enough or not absorbing enough protein from what I have read about it. That could very well be your problem.

Most Active
Recent Topics