Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 11/30/17

Erin T.
on 11/30/17 2:54 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning, VSGers! I worked the kid's book fair yesterday. I told my sister that it was a little like playing with her Barbie cash register in the 90's. A bit exciting and fun for someone who hasn't worked in retail for 15 years! God bless teachers though. Children do not understand money at all. When 5 or 6 of them would show up at once you'd have at least one of them bringing up $60 worth of items and trying to pay with a $20 bill. Then spending 20+ minutes asking about different combinations of the items and if they could afford them.

QOTD: Where do you hide your holiday gifts? When you were young were you a snooper? I hide them in our 'cold storage' now which is an unfinished/unheated room off our bedroom. It's locked with a padlock so there's not much chance of the kids getting in there. As a child I never wanted the surprise ruined so you could have stuck the packages in front of me and I would have turned the other way and ran!

10 months post-op/Maintenance/131.3lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Fage Total Classic w/ SF Pudding Mix and Walnuts

M3: Chicken and Bacon

M4: Pork Tenderloin w/ veggies

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: Maybe a 2-mile run. I also am considering trying out the stationary bike to work some different muscles in my legs.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Ladyblu
on 11/30/17 4:08 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Good morning to everyone.

Erin, I was one of those kids who wanted $60 worth of books and would have to pick and choose to pare the list down to what my parents could afford. I would devour books.

I've been having a blast cleaning my house. I've given up the job search until after the holidays and instead have decided to give each room a proper cleaning and organizational make-over. Now, you might think I'm insane to consider cleaning such a blast, but you would have to take into consideration that prior to surgery, someone else (and at times... no one) cleaned my house for the last 10 years. It wasn't up to my standards but there wasn't much I could do about it, so there are nooks and crannies that are dusty and ill-kept. Prior to surgery, I couldn't even get into some of the rooms, much less dust and vacuum. Now, I can get into every room and am whipping up on the dust bunnies. One drawback, I'm allergic to dust mites so am battling little patches of irritated skin all over. (I have to shower immediately after cleaning to minimize the reaction). But OMG it is worth it. I am considering this a major NSV!!!

QOTD: I like surprises so I never snooped. I hide all my gifts by wrapping them and putting them on the top shelf of my bedroom closet. My stepdaughters were never snoopers so it was easy when they were growing up.

M1: Soft boiled egg

M2: ½ of protein shake

M3: Remainder of the blue crab salad with ParmCrisps

M4: 3 oz leftover beef ribs

M5: Ham and edamame (corn and potato cakes for the family).

S: Jerky and/or Protein snack depending on what of the above gets eaten

E: Today we are decorating for Christmas so it will be a light activity day.

Water and vits on track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/30/17 7:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good for you! What a sense of satisfaction to be able to get your home where you want it. Seems like a big NSV!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

azmichy
on 11/30/17 9:15 am
VSG on 10/24/17

It is so awesome to see your posts and hear your excitement. I totally get the excitement for cleaning and having things the way you like them. I'm glad you get this time to do that so when you do go back to work you will feel so relieved to come home and enjoy the house the way you like it. Will do so much for your mental health.

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Bakermama
on 11/30/17 9:25 am

I'm happy for you Ladyblu. It must feel really great for you to be able to do these things. It will be such a feeling of accomplishment when you get each space the way you want it. You go, girl!!

Surgery was Monday, so not too much exciting on my menu.

M1 protein shake

M2 cream of wheat with protein

M3 protein shake

M4 sf applesauce

ShirlAus
on 11/30/17 12:01 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Must feel amazing LadyBlu :) You are doing so well :) Really Happy for you

CC C.
on 11/30/17 12:07 pm

I love this as much as I hate cleaning!

SallyCat
on 11/30/17 5:42 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Good morning, all.

QOTD: I don't hide any. My honey and I are giving a gift of a vacation to ourselves. My family lives out of state, so no need to hide. When I was a kid I was a definite snooper.

B: coffee and yogurt

L: salmon and broccoli

D: salad with creamy avocado dressing and roasted chicken

S: jerky and cheese

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

mmsmom
on 11/30/17 6:16 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning - LOL - about your Barbie cash register. I love nothing more than the self checkout since I worked for 7 years as a cashier at the local supermarket as a teen.

QOTD: I used to hid gifts in the shed, the attic, etc. but my son was a terrible snooper -he informed me one day that we had PS3, not XBox - and then I checked and saw that I had bought an XBox game, lol. Now I wrap immediately and cover with sheets. If they snoop, it's on them!

B: egg, cheese, peppers, 1 slice bacon

S: 1 new whey protein shot mixed into ice and water (42 grams of protein!)

rest of day is unplanned, but I'm trying to avoid carbs for the next few weeks.

E: walk

L/V good!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Acedding27
on 11/30/17 6:19 am
VSG on 12/14/17

QOTD: I usually just put them at the top of my closet. My wife and I both like surprises, and our youngest nephew is still only 3 years old, so it's not too hard to hide from him!

Our Christmases were pretty lean when we were kids, and I don't remember every snooping around to look for anything. One year, I begged and begged for a Gameboy (the small handheld game) and I found the box with wrapped gifts but I was too scared to look. (I totally got it!)

B: Premier protein shake (chocolate!)

L: 3 oz. Salmon with 1 cup of snap peas, baby corn, and broccoli

D: Same as lunch

Snacks: NONE ALLOWED

Well...my STRICT preoperative diet starts today. Send a good thought in my direction. My wife made bacon cheese burgers last night and I ALMOST had a bite. I beat Satan away and worked on grading some papers instead. FOURTEEN DAYS EXACTLY UNTIL MY VSG!!!!! I'm so grateful.

Most Active
Recent Topics