Nervous about post op pain

Susanatsams
on 11/30/17 6:38 am
VSG on 11/21/17

Hi! I had my surgery on November 21. I had next to no pain. I had them give me some pain meds before I left for home but that was the only time I took anything besides Tylenol. My doctor had be taking Gabupintin and Celebrex before surgery and I think it made a big difference. Good luck. Hope you have a great experience

1760Greg
on 12/1/17 10:24 am
VSG on 11/27/17

Hi there, I had my surgery on Monday too. First 4 days were pretty bad, mostly because I

had a full on migraine. Today is much better, no migraine and the surgery pain is much less also.

Wenchalicious
on 12/2/17 6:25 am
VSG on 12/01/17 with

I was sleeved less than 24 hours ago (yay!) and I have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of pain. I'm on an "Advanced Recovery Program" my surgeon has been using the last few months which is supposed to avoid heavier meds and encourage mobility. I'm not sure what's different than a normal recovery, I just do what he tells me to do :) I was expecting the worst (note: I've never had any sort of hospital stay or surgery so my imagination was running wild). I consider myself lucky but I'm not sure if pain will hit me on days 2, 3, etc so I don't consider myself out of the woods yet.

Pains: I've got a mild case of discomfort/stiffness in my core that I feel when getting up or down from a chair but otherwise, no pain around the incisions or shoulders/back from gas. I've been walking around a lot, but other than a few burps, the gas is not too bad (so far). I've only had a couple of waves of nausea right after leaving the hospital, but they passed quickly.

Details on surgery and meds: Surgery was done at 1pm, I was heading home by 5:30pm. I felt pretty good but took the meds prescribed at bedtime in case something happened overnight (one for nerve pain, one for anti nausea, liquid tylenol). When the surgical team calls me today to follow up, I'm going to ask if the nerve pain one is necessary since I'm feeling no pain now and the taste of it is horrid.

Most Active
Recent Topics