Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 11/20/17

NoraM13
on 11/20/17 10:22 am
VSG on 08/21/17

Peanut oil smells like Christmas to me. I'd love to start with oyster stew, but my mom would never go for it.

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Kristi T.
on 11/20/17 10:26 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My mom used to skip the oyster stew part of the dinner:-) The smell permeates the whole house and you can still smell the peanut oil on Christmas Day.

tlh4life
on 11/20/17 9:32 am
VSG on 04/11/17

QOTD: I can't really think of a favorite. My family has always been really small so we would have small gatherings. As an adult I've often spent time at friends' homes if I wasn't able to travel to be with my family.

Breakfast: Egg whites, veggies, coffee

Lunch: Chicken drumstick, yellow rice, and veggies

Snack: Greek yogurt and a few cheese crackers

Dinner: Going out to dinner tonight so not sure

Exercise: 60 minute circuit workout

momyshaver
on 11/20/17 9:57 am
VSG on 06/28/17

QOTD - holidays were wonderful when I was a child because the entire extended family came together and enjoyed food potluck style, and catching up. I always looked forward to it. Things changed after my grandparents died and I have a difficult time emotionally through the holidays remembering how much joy they used to bring versus the frenzied mess they have become for so many, I digress...yet I would like to create something positive for my children to remember

This is my first time posting in the what are we eating threads but I am hoping to get some more ideas and see what others are doing that is working or not working

M1: Coffee mixed with Slimfast Advanced Nutrition

M2: Quest bar

M3 - ? IDK. I have very little motivation these days

Really my goals for November were to increase fluids and vitamins. I have been getting more fluids in but still not where I would like to be. Finishing out November and going into December I will continue to focus more on fluids and vitamins and also like to add some low impact exercise for health reasons, not weight loss related. I am down 80 pounds since my surgery.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 11/20/17 10:14 am
VSG on 08/29/16

A tradition that I started after I moved out on my own was to immediately get rid of the leftover turkey. I can only handle one turkey sandwich and I'm burned for life on turkey soup. The way we do it is we have youth groups that sell discount cards to a local take and bake pizza place. We order the pepperoni with garlic white sauce, immediately feed the dog the pepperoni and use the rest as a base to make turkey pizzas. Usually we do a combo pizza with artichoke hearts, red onions, shrooms, peppers etc. The other is a bbq Hawaiian with the turkey shredded into bbq sauce, Canadian bacon and pineapple. We then have a bunch of friends over and watch Christmas movies. BOOM! All of the turkey is gone the day after thanksgiving! Also all of the desserts seem to always disappear as well...

B: scrambled eggs with salsa

L: emptying the fridge to prep for thanksgiving shopping

D: not sure. We have an appointment with my wife's doc in "the big city". We will probably do dinner out.

Kristi T.
on 11/20/17 10:23 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning!

QOTD-My favorite part of the holidays was Christmas Eve as well. It was always my parents, God parents and my brother. Like Nora, we did fondue every Christmas Eve, I have carried on this tradition as well as my brother. I have good memories of Thanksgiving too, we rented a home in Cannon Beach, OR with my God parents every year. I still spend Thanksgiving with them in Idaho. My parents are divorced, but I do still try my best to carry on the traditions of childhood:-)

B-greek yogurt w/SF pudding mix and pumpkin seeds

L-PP shake

S-Chai tea w/cream and stevia, string cheese and 1/2 apple

D-leftover chili

E-Walk with the dog

Have a good Monday!

Knitter215
on 11/20/17 10:50 am
VSG on 08/23/16

QOTD - grew up in a New York City area Italian family so for me - while Thanksgiving was nice, it was all about Christmas Eve. The feast of the seven fishes - my maternal grandmother soaking salted cod fish in the basement sink for a week or two before, the clams, the shrimp - oh my. Then midnight mass. Then upon return home, my father grilling home made sausage on the fireplace in the family room and the adults having a drink and each opening a present. And at every holiday, when we said grace, my father would add "And I'm glad my father didn't miss the boat." We repeat that to this day about my grandfather, because if he had missed the boat, none of us would be here.

B - Skinny Latte from Starbucks

L - 4 ounces of chicken salad, 1 slice rye bread

D - who knows

Given that I fence tonight (2 hours of high intensity cardio), I'll probably have some of the turkey leftover from yesterday when I get home at 10.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

azmichy
on 11/20/17 11:10 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Well, the Holiday craziness has begun in full force and my stress has gone up 20 levels. My husband will be traveling for work the next 6 weeks and there is drama at my job. Not to mention still being on food restrictions and trying to figure out what to eat at all these functions. Tonight we are already taking our own food to my MILs house because she is not cooking a single thing I can eat. I get it, I'm one of 20 people coming, but it just is annoying that she didn't even consider.

QOTD - I have no good Holiday memories from childhood. My parents had issues and my dad was an alcoholic and Holidays were always a major time of stress and drama. However, I have broken that cycle in adulthood and we have great traditions we started with our kids. We have a huge Thanksgiving family celebration every year, we spend Christmas together and do a part on Christmas eve at our house. We wear pajamas and the kids have a blast. We decorate to the hilt which is something we never did as kids.

S1 - cheese stick in the car because I had to go across town for an early meeting.

B - 2 hard boiled eggs

L - Noodle less lasagna

S2 - Greek non-fat yogurt

D - Turkey meatballs with marinara

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

CC C.
on 11/20/17 11:38 am

Hey all!

QOTD: I have really fond memories of Christmas and Thanksgiving. A lot have already been mentioned like opening one present Christmas Eve (usually new jammies). I think cooking with my mom has to be at the top of my list. She was an awesome cook and taught me everything I know! I make her recipies for holidays and it makes her feel closer to me.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - grilled chicken nuggets from Chik fil a

D - eggs and cheese

S - roasted broad beans, yogurt

Gwen M.
on 11/20/17 1:05 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi all! It's my first day home alone and, as a result, I ended up waking up super late. I woke up at 5am to toilet and then at 8am when Lance gave me my morning drugs and put compression socks on my feet (I can't sleep with them since I can't remove them), but both of those awakenings were short. And then I slept until 10:30am!! Woo! I've been waking up at 8am and just staying awake ALL day for about the last week, so I'm sure my body is grateful for the extra sleeping time. :)

I can't believe it's almost 4pm though. I had a minor incident with my toilet riser today and I swear it took me like 3 hours to find one that would meet all my needs. Everything takes 10x longer than it should at this point in my recovery :P

QOTD: Thanksgiving was always the "big" holiday for us and we'd go to my aunt and uncle's and there'd be like 30 people. On the one hand, I have fond memories of it but, on the other hand, I also remember spending lots of introvert time playing games on their computer since that was a LOT of people, lots of whom I didn't know since they were friends of my aunt's and uncle's (versus my family) and I don't care abou****ching sports. It's funny how the good memories are the ones that come immediately to mind though :) I also loved Christmas because it was just the four of us and we had all of these awesome traditions. And I don't want to be a debbie downer, so I'll just leave it there. (I feel bad for people named Debbie, btw!)

1: protein shake - I swear it took me like 2 hours to drink it because I'm just slow at everything.
2: another protein shake - next time I get up to use the bathroom I'll grab it from the fridge on my way back to my chair
3: BonChon chicken! Even though food is totally unappealing to me, I try to eat something solid once a day and I've been thinking about BonChon chicken strips, so one of the guys will pick BonChon up on the way home. :)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: just the exercise of existence

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics