Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 11/17/17

CC C.
on 11/17/17 8:22 am

Off to the car dealership again for the 3rd time this week. Now for dead seat controls. Argh.

We had a great time with my knitting group last night. The dessert was a hit!

QOTD: Pumpkin pie is my favorite. I've often said my perfect Thanksgiving would be a whole pumpkin pie and a fork for dinner. But I also love my mom's dressing recipe. So traditional and delish!

B - coffee and yogurt

L - carnitas

D - salmon and veggies

S - leftover cheese/meat platter nibbles

Highfunctioningfatman
on 11/17/17 9:02 am, edited 11/17/17 1:02 am
VSG on 08/29/16

QOTD: Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday. We will cook 2 turkeys the day before and give them away. We will also do 2 the day of. I always take off the entire week. I shop, prep, cook, bake and clean. I love every minute of it! My favorite has to be my turkeys that I do in an Orion cooker. It convection bakes, steams and smokes all at the same time. I soak Jack Daniels whiskey barrel wood chips in apple juice for my smoking chips. It is extremely difficult to get a turkey out in one piece if it is over about 13 lb. Smaller ones tend to stay together better.

B: I had a chicken enchilada

L: refried beans with habanero sauce

D: time will tell. It certainly won't be the 60-plus pounds of chocolate covered cherries that I'll be buying today.

Rachel B.
on 11/17/17 9:50 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good morning. THANK GOD ITS PAYDAY!!!

QOTD: my favorite thing was always moist stuffing with golden raisins...

AM: SF hazelnut white mocha with fairlife/Van PP

S: Power Crunch PB Creme bar

L: Cantaloupe with cottage cheese

S: Strawberries & Cream PP

D: TBD

Gym-ABS

Treadmill

Happy Weekend!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

sgg1002
on 11/17/17 10:31 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Hi guys! Popping in after being off work for the past almost 3 weeks due to my niece's wedding, volunteering at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab and a couple med procedures. Back on track now, I hope!

QOTD: Broccoli rice casserole and sweet potato pie are and were my Thanksgiving faves. This year, since it's only going to be my husband, MIL and myself, I am going to forego making both and try something with brussell sprouts or asparagus to get some good healthier crunch with my turkey. :)

B: Chocolate Premier/Coffee/splash of Torani SF Hazelnut

S: 1% cottage cheese

L: turkey burger with sautéed peppers and onions

D: Thai Chicken lettuce wraps from Lulu's

no walking today. Heel is hurting, bu****er and vites getting in.

Have a great weekend!

Kristi T.
on 11/17/17 10:18 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! It hit 25 degrees here too, with a skiff of snow.

I have an appointment at my pain management clinic today and then a traditional afternoon tea party put on by my summer employers as a thank you to all of us. Last year it was held at a historic mansion in town and was so lovely.

QOTD-My brother's dressing and gravy!

B-greek yogurt w/chia, flax and pumpkin seeds

L-Afternoon tea, so not sure

D-tbd, probably just a protein snack

E-early evening walk with my dog

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

yvonnef1964
on 11/17/17 10:27 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I slept in today and must of needed it. But it throws my meals off.

Qotd turkey and pumpkin pie

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D chicken, kale salad and crustless pumpkin pie

Have a good day

SallyCat
on 11/17/17 10:43 am, edited 11/17/17 2:43 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Hi everybody.

QOTD: My favorite Thanksgiving food is probably the pecan pie, with dressing being a close second. I love pumpkin pie too.

I'm going through some extreme anxiety and my eating is suffering. I knew these days would come. I think part of it is my visit next week to see my mom for Thanksgiving. I have mentioned here before the rocky relationship I have had with her over the years. She won't be around forever and I so wish our relationship could be better. I will try again while I am there. I always hope for the best, and leave with bitterness. At least this year she won't be able to make comments about my weight. My hair, clothes, etc will still be a topic I'm sure.

Another part of my anxiety is that tomorrow I am undergoing an at-home physical for extra life insurance. It shouldn't be a big deal, but I don't want to be denied, and I know they are still going to consider me overweight. It's not even a big deal if I get denied. I had read here anyway that most people get denied because of our surgery. I don't know why I am so worried and anxious about it. I wish I hadn't even signed up for it.

I was in such a good groove. Now I find myself thinking about going back to shakes, or doing something extreme. It's an old sick way of thinking and what I really want is to go back to where I was a week ago. This is probably making no sense. It's driving me nuts.

edit to add my food

B: yogurt and coffee

L: brisket and a rib

D: probably more of the same

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Ladyblu
on 11/17/17 2:23 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will send calming, soothing, peaceful thoughts your way.

Diane

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

SallyCat
on 11/17/17 4:22 pm
VSG on 10/17/16

Thank you, Diane. I appreciate the thoughts. It's scary what anxiety can do. Calming soothing peaceful thoughts sound good about now. Maybe a nice long soak in the tub when I get home will be what the Dr ordered.

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

azmichy
on 11/17/17 12:44 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

TGIF!!! Today has been a hungry day for sure, but staying on plan!

QOTD: I like ALL the sides. I am not a big turkey fan, don't do gravy, and deserts I can take or leave. Give me some carbs, carbs and more carbs. I also like the drinking. Will be a different day for me for sure.

B: crustless quiche

L: buffalo tuna/olives/lite string cheese

S: half a quest smores bar because I just needed something different

D: TBD

2nd Snack: if needed...but as it is going today I may need it before dinner. :)

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

Most Active
Recent Topics