Thanksgiving

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/15/17 4:53 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

The plate is nice, but frankly you're too new from surgery. You're still healing. You probably won't feel the kind of restriction that you think you'll feel just starting solids. You'll need to weigh/portion out your food according to your plan & not go beyond it. If you're gonna use the plate, make sure you know ahead of time how many ounces can fit in each portion. Tread carefully.

I was months out from surgery when I had Thanksgiving dinner & I portioned it out, went protein first & was full after a few bites. Then socialized the rest of the time. I did pick at the sweet potatoes & stuffing.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

kelsie_munster
on 11/15/17 8:03 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Thank you all for replying!

I appreciate the advice. You're all right, I need to be cautious..I am really new out and not on full solids. I am a picky eater, so I'll be sure to have my protein turkey first and then a little bit of sides.

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/17 3:16 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Every big event becomes a learning experience! This Thanksgiving and Christmas will be my first "big dinners" since my surgery in January. Thankfully our big dinners are really very small, just me and my grandmother. I am not going to do any major cooking. A turkey breast in the crockpout, the stuffing she likes, asparagus, and while she has pumpkin pie, I will have pumpkin pie flavored greek yogurt.

White Dove
on 11/15/17 8:29 pm - Warren, OH

I was a bit over a month out from surgery. I had a one ounce cube of white meat, a tablespoon of sweet potato and seven kernels of corn. I was stuffed and a few people got mad at me because they thought I was trying to show off.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Fredbear
on 11/15/17 9:29 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Traveling to the out-of-state distant cousins-in-law for Thanksgiving. I'm not a fan of turkey (tastes like chemicals to me), so it's a crapshoot as far as what I will be able to eat. Bringing a shake just in case I can't get a protein.

Then traveling to my family the next day. My sister is RNY, but her husband is a terrible, terrible cook, so I'll eat whatever my mother makes and skip the rest. This will be the first time my family's seen me at this weight since early high school... I'm a little nervous.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Gwen M.
on 11/15/17 11:08 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanksgiving for me is 3-4 ounces of turkey, usually dark meat because it's more moist, and then a single bite of the side dishes I want to try. This works really well for me.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

KDBaker
on 11/16/17 9:39 am - Exeter, NH
VSG on 10/16/17

I'll be going to my mother's house. She had RNY about 15 years ago and remembers what eating a month or so out of surgery is like. I'm planning on starting with turkey, then some vegetables and a bite of mashed potato if there's room. She'll have a sugar free, crustless cheesecake for me in case I want dessert. Although I'm sure I'll only manage a bite of that too.

My husband and I usually go to his godmother's house. It's basically a food and wine extravaganza. We are passing on that this year because I didn't want to end up overdoing it.

SummerShaddow
on 11/17/17 3:24 pm
VSG on 11/09/17

Thanksgiving Day will be my first soft foods day, so I'm guessing I'll end up with turkey deli meat and something else, though I don't know what. lol Going to be weird, that's for sure.

Most Active
Recent Topics