2017 Goal Progress?

Nikke2003
on 11/4/17 11:45 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Up until September 2015 (when I started a 75% travel job) I was maintaining between 190-193 pretty consistently. Then, I immediately gained 10 lbs before the year was over (damn travel!) and it took me all of 2016 to really get a grip on it. I started doing a better job of maintaining in the mid to high 190s, but would occasionally hit the dreaded 200.

I decide in 2017, I was going to get back to finishing what I started years ago and try to get to a normal BMI. The first half of the year I continued to yo-yo, but Since about mid-to-late June, I have been on track with exercise, eating, and I feel great. This morning I weighed in at 187. I decided to not be aggressive, but chip away slowly at my weight so that 170-175 didn't seem so overwhelming. Pretty happy with where I am there!

I did make an actual New Year's resolution that I would donate $100/month to a charity. My company does charity matching up to $1,000/year and I kick myself for not having taken advantage of that sooner. Every month, on payday, I have chosen a different charity and donated $100. Sometimes I choose a charity close to my heart or to the heart of someone I love. Sometimes, I go for something more well known like the American Red Cross. It feels good to give.

That's about it for me!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Gwen M.
on 11/5/17 4:59 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Wow, congrats on your loss and rededication!! Travel is horrible for weight - when Art stopped traveling every week for work he lost 20+ pounds in a week or two :P Jerk.

I love the charitable donation goal too. I have some monthly sustaining donations and then I donate to "random" other charities throughout the year. Some to honor loved ones of my friends who have died and others to support friends with their walks, head shaving, or November beard growing :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Donna L.
on 11/5/17 10:41 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I am totes stealing your goal posts. I used to do this alllll the time, but apparently I was going to last year and became lazy/forgot/was distracted by goats and life/etc.

As for my goals - the goal this year was to continue weight loss and become more mobile. I finally was able to exceed 450 pounds lost (!) and work towards my revision.

I also will finish about 90% of my clinical hours for my next license by January - way ahead of schedule! Which is crazy.

I have to reflect more and post later. Thank you for the reminder :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics