Breakfast ideas needed

stacyrg
on 11/1/17 4:47 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

ground turkey with pesto and cheese is one of my all time favorite breakfasts. The egg/cottage cheese combo is another winner and I crumble bacon into it. The world opens up to you when you get out of the "I must have 'breakfast' food for breakfast." I eat chicken and broccoli, steak, shredded pork . . . lots of variety

Knitter215
on 11/1/17 8:34 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt with a sprinkle of granola (I do this a few mornings a week.)

What are you doing with your shakes? For me, this morning, it was Quest Caramel protein powder (single packet) a cup of cold coffee, some sugar free chocolate syrup and ice - hit with blender makes a 24g protein frappucino. I use a lot of sugar free coffee shop type syrups (I order directly from Torani). Or I'll do chocolate protein powder, Fairlife Skim Milk, one scoop of PB2 - and you have a peanut butter cup shake. I never drink the shakes straight up - they always go into the blender with other stuff and some ice.

Sometimes I make oatmeal using the fairlife skim instead of water.

How about hard boiled eggs? Or ricotta cheese and fruit (instead of cottage cheese and fruit)?

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

BrittBrat414
on 11/1/17 8:53 am - MN
VSG on 09/19/17

Does the Oikos yogurt have fruit chunks in it?

I might have to try the coffee one! That sounds yummy!

Eggs don't agree with me at all I think.

Also I'm not a fan of ricotta cheese or the thought of CC with fruit.

I have a big issue with food textures and smells. So it is very difficult for me to find new foods to eat.

Surgery Date: 09/19/2017 HW: 304.6 SW: 288.1 CW: 245 lbs M1: -19 M2: -16 M3:-8

"It's Impossible - said Pride ; It's Risky - said Experience ; It's Pointless - said Reason ; Give it a try - Whispered the Heart "

Knitter215
on 11/1/17 8:59 am
VSG on 08/23/16

No fruit chunks in the Oikos Triple Zero and lots of great flavors. I add a granola that is made somewhat locally (Bethlehem, PA) that has Quinoa in it so it has some protein as well. The coffee one has saved my life on more than one occasion. Try some of the Oikos Triple Zero - I really like it. If you like the fruit chunks, you could always add some.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Keith L.
on 11/1/17 9:06 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Breakfast was always a tough one for me early out. I mostly stuck with protein shakes and then an hour later hit the gym. Now I am eggs and meat almost every day. Since I am 5 years out and eating more Keto I always put extra real grass fed butter on my eggs and it takes them to the next level. I also alway sprinkle with Cayenne Pepper as it is a fat burner.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/1/17 9:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Eggs are fabulous, but skip the cayenne-- there's no science backing the notion that it burns fat. (More science here!) A lot of people do have trouble with eggs early on, so don't worry if you can't handle them right now.

Some of my easy breakfasts include:

• Quest bars (200 cal, 20g protein or thereabouts)
  • Beef or turkey jerky, I make my own in the dehydrator
  • Lunchmeat rollups
  • String cheese

I was never able to tolerate the milky protein drinks, the texture made me gag. I had better luck with the clear, Kool-aid type ones. Isopure is a good ready-to-drink one, though it's a bit expensive. Syntrax Nectar is pretty good as well, and you can order samples of all of the flavors online.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

bridget1970
on 11/1/17 12:20 pm - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17

A couple of weeks ago I felt like you do. I was bored with what I was eating for breakfast so I called the dietician at my surgeon's office. She recommended having some Canadian bacon and Turkey sausage and scramble it with eggs for some alternative protein choices. It's helped me not to feel bored about breakfast.

BrittBrat414
on 11/1/17 12:38 pm - MN
VSG on 09/19/17

I can't tolerate eggs so that's why I am looking for different options.

Surgery Date: 09/19/2017 HW: 304.6 SW: 288.1 CW: 245 lbs M1: -19 M2: -16 M3:-8

"It's Impossible - said Pride ; It's Risky - said Experience ; It's Pointless - said Reason ; Give it a try - Whispered the Heart "

bridget1970
on 11/1/17 12:53 pm - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17

Maybe have the bacon and turkey sausage without the eggs? I know it can seem boring at times. I've found myself bored at times trying to come up with ideas for dinner because there are some protein sources I just don't like, especially fish.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/1/17 4:41 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Have you tried going to Shelly's blog/site The World according to Eggface? She might have some quick breakfast recipes for you to make that doesn't have eggs in it.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics