Wanting to back out

Keith L.
on 10/31/17 9:48 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I can tell you my only regret is not having done the surgery much sooner than I did. Being a nurse you know better than anyone to follow the doctor's program and you also know how best to take care of yourself after so your risk seems like it would be inherently lower than the average person on here. My post surgical advise would be to spend the time learning everything you can about nutrition and exercise. You will know a lot of it but there is new stuff out all the time that makes a lot of sense.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Shannon S.
on 10/31/17 7:16 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

You do have a point! Thank you for sharing your perspective. I have researched and researched. I will do everything to minimize the risks!!

Knitter215
on 11/1/17 8:39 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Not an RN - an attorney *****presented a large university hospital. I've seen it all and the aftermath. I still had my surgery 14 months ago and am so glad I did it.

My arthritis pain in my knees - which was crippling (as in 1-2 Vicodin daily on top of NSAIDS) is almost gone. I'm still bone on bone and will still need the knees replaced, but I feel so much better.

My asthma has improved significantly.

My overall health is amazing.

I almost backed out a week before surgery, too. Anesthesia scares the crap out of me. But, ask yourself this - how successful have you been in the past in taking off and keeping off the weight? My guess is (if you are waiting on surgery), not very. What makes you think you could do it without surgery? Wouldn't you have done so if you could already? No judgment - just questions.

I am thinner now than I have been since I was in law school in the late 80s. I'm approaching wearing jeans I wore in college in a few more pounds - which means I would not have weighed this little in 35+ years.

Breathe deep. You've got this. It's ok to be anxious. Acknowledge it and move forward. You can do it.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Shannon S.
on 11/1/17 3:11 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I really appreciate this. The medical field has really warped my sense of what is statistically true (since I'm mostly exposed to negative outcomes). In my last week I'm trying to be a half full kind of girl. These posts have really been a comfort. Thanks so much.

alaskangirly
on 11/2/17 4:55 pm

Hello,

I know it's been a few days but I was wondering who you saw and where you went to? I am still looking for a doctor and would love any feedback. I made a post but it has not been posted yet and waiting to get approved.

Thanks you!

AK girl

Most Active
Recent Topics