Feeling depressed/ emotional after surgery. Having regrets of my decision

TannWakesUp
on 10/27/17 7:29 pm

Hey! I am feeling a lot of your same thoughts. I actually made a video talking about it, maybe watch it so you can see that some of us feel the same way :) I put it on youtube at TannWakesUp. Take care :)

Bones44
on 10/29/17 6:42 pm
VSG on 10/18/17

Hi, I had my sleeve surgery on 10/18/2017, I too am asking myself if I did the right thing. I have been reading the replies to you post and am feeling much better. Hang in there girl!?

knp315
on 10/30/17 10:42 am
VSG on 09/12/17

I had similar feelings. I had my surgery 9/12/17. The first two weeks were rough. I was nauseated and vomiting in the hospital from morphine. I was wiped out the whole week after surgery, not able to drink much and was having a hard time tolerating protein shakes, they were upsetting my stomach and intestines. I felt depressed ( I struggled with depression prior to surgery though) and I wondered if I made the right decision. When I was switched to soft foods at two weeks things got a bit better. I am now seven weeks out and am back on regular foods and things are slowly getting better. I don't regret my decision, but I am still getting used to the "new normal" for me.

Melinda56
on 10/30/17 5:40 pm
VSG on 11/02/17

Try not to feel depressed think positive if how great you will feel after all the weight you lose and how great you will look. The things you will be able to do that you couldn't do before because you might have have felt short breath or embrassed.

I haven't had my surgery yet it's November 2 2017 and I can't wait I'm doing this for me to better my health I have put it in the back of my mind how I will look after I lose all the weight.

Think positive how your head high and make sure you go to the support groups.

Cres89
on 10/31/17 8:49 am
VSG on 10/20/17

Melinda thank you so much. Wish you best of luck on your big day coming up. :)

Keith L.
on 10/31/17 9:27 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

My wife went through the same thing. I can tell you that once she wrapped her head around what she had to do and started to focus on it things got a lot better very quickly. Now about a year later she cannot be happier with her decision. She is laser focused on her plan almost to an obsessive point but it keeps her in the game. Once you see the weight start to melt off of you, you will feel better. As soon as someone notices it on you its a game changer. As soon as someone you have known forever can't find you when they are looking right at you, you will know you have made it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cres89
on 10/31/17 10:34 am
VSG on 10/20/17

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I've began to do same in the last few days. I'm trying to focus on the eating stage I'm in and what I can eat now. Looking forward to the next stage and physically feeling better. I feel like I progressed but every now and then those negative thoughts try to come back in telling me ""you'll never be the same or be able to eat the same like everyone else".I block them out of my mind and take it day by day. I do wish one day I'll be able to enjoy eggs and toast. But I'm so early out now that I stay focused on what I'm working on now which is full liquids (stage 2).

Thanks again and big congrats to your beautiful wife. :)

CC C.
on 10/31/17 12:06 pm

I felt the same way: sad not to eat like everyone else early on. Now I could not be more thankful that I can't eat like them!

It's freeing to actually feel full after a reasonable amount of food and not be fighting myself to stop when I didn't want to.

It's freeing to not have the impulse to eat everything in my line of vision regardless of whether I needed it or not.

It's freeing to not have any extra room for things that I use to not be able to resist and then would feel guilty for eating.

Honestly, I'm so grateful to myself for making this choice. And you will be too, it just takes a little time for your body and brain to heal!

Cres89
on 10/31/17 12:45 pm
VSG on 10/20/17

Definitely makes sense. Thank you so much for your encouraging words

Most Active
Recent Topics