3 days postop and it stinks. Any VSG'ers able to lend me a kind word?

adistacke
on 10/24/17 12:56 pm
VSG on 05/16/17

Hang in there! I thought the first 2 weeks were a breeze but weeks 3-7 were horrible when i started eating soft foods. Take softs easy and do NOT eat refried beans even if they say it's ok!

I just got back from NOLA and the struggle with food and booze was real! I am beginning to realize (after 6 months) that i will never be the same as people who haven't had surgery where they can eat a lot of fried food with sweet alcohol drinks but still feel fine. The positive is that after losing 75 pounds, i have no issues with the airplane (i volunteered to sit in a middle seat and didn't crowd anyone) and i can sit in any booth and have plenty of room. Not everyone can understand that but they are important things to me. I bought pants in a size 12 at Banana Republic and never thought i would be able to shop there! That makes the food struggle all worth while...i concluded i can't eat fried food again and probably not drink vodka...feeling nauseated just isn't worth it! Best of luck to you and take it day by day then week by week...i'm still doing that 6 months out!

Most Active
Recent Topics